|A Going Concern|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||February 3, 2011|
Plot summary Edit
After Malory is wiped out in a Ponzi scheme, she hatches a scheme of her own: selling ISIS - lock, stock and snack machines - to archrival spy agency ODIN. Archer and the rest of the ISIS employees, rightfully fearing for their jobs, must use every trick in the book (ISIS Field Manual, 3rd Edition) to try to stop the sale.
- Modified Ludovico is a reference to A Clockwork Orange, and it shows Len Trexler several disturbing images.
- Archer refers to Len Trexler as "Lennie" when he says "Can we give Lennie the rabbit", which is referencing the John Steinbeck novel, Of Mice and Men. Trexler develops a bond with the rabbit reminiscent of that in the story. Archer will later make this reference several times, for instance to get Lana Kane to give Seamus back to Trinette in "Blood Test."
- A bit of continuity comes up when Archer's microchip is removed from his brain. In Dial M for Mother, the chip was implanted on the left side of his forehead. In this episode, the chip is removed from the right side.
- An animation error occurs when the ODIN agent raising his submachine gun peers into the barrel. As he raises it, the back end of the gun is cut off by the background.
- In the background when Archer is talking to Krieger about putting the microchip into Len Trexler's brain, there is a nod to the movie The Goonies (1985) as one of the plastic storage bins is clearly labeled "Pinchers of Peril," which was the invention that saved Data from falling into a pit full of spikes.
- Sterling names the rabbit Rabert Klein. This is in homage to comedian Robert Klein, who used to lick his leg as part of his standup routine.
- Archer describes Malory's dildo as being aubergine in color, "aubergine" being the English name for an eggplant. This is referenced later in the episode Lo Scandalo when Archer describes Malory's sexual liasons with Italian Prime Minister Savio Mascalzoni as "the crime of sodomy by rubber eggplant." Abergines are mentioned again in the season 4 episode "Live and Let Dine," in a discussion of synonyms for the word "eggplant."
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Adam Reed as Ray Gillette
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 17 screenshots and images from "A Going Concern" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.