|First appearance||"Once Bitten"|
John Fitzgerald Archer|
|Family||Sterling Archer (biological son)|
|Relationships||Malory Archer (sexual partner)|
A continuing mystery on the show is the identity of Sterling Archer's father. Whoever provides the voice of Archer's real father is unknown.
- "I hope you like alligators."
- —Archer's father and Archer[src]
- Unnamed Secret Agent: Malory Archer murdered Savio Mascalzoni, citing that he had gunned down a "beautiful young man with blue eyes, full lips, and thick black hair" who opposed Savio's fascist regime. There's a possibility this is the same man Archer saw in his hallucination.
- Nikolai Jakov: The deceased former head of the KGB and an ex-lover of Malory. Despite being enemies in the public eye, Nikolai and Malory had a secret relationship, which ended when she disappeared for nine months, hinting this was the time Malory became pregnant. Nikolai was not made aware of this fact until many years later, when she accidentally let the information slip. This drove Jakov to abduct Sterling after he came to Russia to investigate his father's identity and have him take a paternity test, threatening to kill Archer should the result be negative. However, Boris sabotaged the DNA sample, and once again left the identity in question. Jakov was killed by Barry Dylan, leaving his candidacy in deeper limbo.
- Len Trexler: Head of ODIN and another ex-lover of Malory. Trexler was more or less simply a name drop, but he has had sexual history with Malory. Trexler hasn't been seen since Season 2, and further irrelevance to the story points towards also not being the father, despite no confirmation.
- Buddy Rich: American jazz drummer. Only mentioned once as being a possibility. However, despite him being one of Malory's main lovers whom she suspected as Sterling's father, she believes he's least likely to be his father.
- Archer's father is a short man as shown next to a light switch in "Once Bitten." The light switch comes to his shoulder, measuring the standard 48" in height. This leaves his father's height to be estimated at 5' tall.
- Notably, Archer's father's voice has no trace of an accent, and does not bear any resemblance to the voices of Nikolai Jakov or Len Trexler.
- It is unknown if the vision in Once Bitten was a hallucination or a real memory, since in it Archer claims to love alligators, while in reality they are his greatest fear.
- It's also very possible that Archers "fear" of alligators is because his real father gave him the stuffed alligator on his 6th birthday and never saw his father again, so Archer learned to hate alligators! All because his father never came back! But VERY possible Archers father was the man that the Italian prime minister killed, which coulda been right after Archers father came by to see him and give him his birthday present, and now being dead, Mallory didn't want to hurt his son by telling him he (sterlings dad) was dead at the hands of the Italian prime minister, possibly cause of how he was killed and what he may have believed in or have been involved in and Mallory covered it up, Mallory may have thought it wasn't the way sterling's father shoulda died! So Mallory waited all those year's using him(the Italian prime minister) for sex and most likely other spook type of intelligence and then saw the right time to kill him (the Italian prime minister) cause he has trusted her (Mallory) for many year's, and that was pay back for killing sterling's father!
|Appearances for Archer's Father|