|Original Air Date||May 10, 2017|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|U.S. Viewership (Millions)||0.376 |
"Archer Dreamland: Waxing Gibbous" is the sixth episode of Season 8, and the ninety-first episode overall.
All roads lead to Len Trexler as Archer and the gang try to avoid unfriendly ghosts
Enter Plot Here....
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer / Archer P.I.( Dream Persona )
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt / Charlotte Vandertunt ( Dream Persona )
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey / Detective Sergeant Poovey ( Dream Persona )
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis / Detective Lieutenant Figgis ( Dream Persona )
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane / Lana Kane (Dreamland) ( Dream Persona )
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger / Krieger ( Dream Persona )
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer / Mother ( Dream Persona )
- Guest Starring:
- Co Starring:
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein: Charlotte reminds us of the common misconception that Frankenstein was the monster, when he was in fact the Doctor. (see Skin Game/Insights: Frankenstein Complex for a discussion).
- An allusion to Krieger - who is the Frankenstein to Dutch Dylan - foreshadowing Dylan's encounter with the 'gang'.
- Francois Rabelais (1483-1553):
- Gargantua and Pantagruel (16th century): the reference is to gigantism and Zirk, but it is an obscure one. Perhaps a deep homage to Rabelais offered by Reed, as "The text is written in an amusing, extravagant, and satirical vein, and features much crudity, scatological humor, and violence (lists of explicit or vulgar insults fill several chapters)." Much like Archer then.
- Casper, the Friendly Ghost (1995): the only ghost thought to be friendly
- The Last Supper: depicted by many artists, the final meal of Jesus
- Evil Tropes: 'Dutch' Dylan parodies a mixture of evil tropes. (More detail here).
- Jumping Right In: Archer starts the episode with:
- "So what are we doing? Are we just - jumping right into this? Or...urggghhh"
- "I promised I wouldn't cry... promise broken" from Crossing Over (s3e10).
- Lana's Big Hands - mentioned again
- Seamus - Archer is called this yet again.
- "Can't have anything nice." (used multiple times throughout the show, beginning in season 1 with Job Offer (s1e9) and Dial M For Mother (s1e10).)
- Suck them and see: Charlotte has pill boxes full of codeine and dexedrine, but can't tell them apart. After taken a few too many, neither can Archer.
- Reality (Non-Dream):
- Dream/Reality Crossover:
- Dream (Non-Reality):
- This episode begins immediately where the previous episode, "Sleepers Wake", left off.
- Title Explained: "Waxing Gibbous" is a lunar phase in which the Moon is more than 50% illuminated on its way to a Full Moon. Cecil Vandertunt states this is the phase the Moon is currently in.
- It is revealed Lana is an IRS agent.
- The prostitute in the last episode is in fact Trinette Mcgoon.
- Los Angeles, California (Dream)
Characters (in order of appearance)Edit
- Mother: "And so, since you know where those bent coppers are taking the money...GO GET IT!"
- Archer: "Ok, but before that, I haven't slept in - like - literally 4 days, so..."
- Charlotte: "I have dexedrine!"
- Archer: "Gimme"
- Charlotte: "Oh, and you should also take the codeine in case you need to smooth down the jagged edges... Although, I'm not sure which is which..."
- Archer: "I mean..."
- Figgis: "Are you crazy?"
- Archer [sitting in his car, while talking to himself]: "After all, she was supposed to be helping me finding Woodhouse's killer. But so far, she's done nothing. Right? Hey, I said, 'Right'? Oh Jesus, I thought I was talking to a tramp or a dog or... Man, this Dexedrine really does have an edge. Better take one of these codeines. I'm not sure which is which. Or, what I've actually been taking. Sooo, better take one of each! Hmm. Well. Or two, maybe. Or three. Three and thats it, done. [Giggles madly] Ok 5!"
- Archer [laughing to himself out loud]: "Oh man! Never gets old! I don't wanna sound greedy but, maybe if I'm lucky, I can get the money and get Figgis murdered. Whoa! I may have over-smoothed. Yeah. Definitely a little too smooth. Because, hang on. Did I - just open that? No dummy, you just got here. Hey [slaps face twice] - come on Archer, get your shit together! Door wide open. None of Trexler's goons around. Something smells fishy. And also [sniffs twice] - kinda like cuy"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
- Person 2: "Quote Here"
- Person 1: "Quote Here"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 0 screenshots and images from "Archer Dreamland: Waxing Gibbous" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.