"Archer Vice: House Call" is the fourth episode of Archer Vice (season 5) and the fifty-third episode overall.
Archer stages an intervention for Pam, but it gets derailed by an unwanted guest.
Upon realizing that they have lost 6 million dollars worth of cocaine with no profits due to their bumbling, the group finally decides to address Pam's fairly serious cocaine addiction. Malory threatens to send Pam to rehab, and in turn Pam (who has lost a lot of weight), threatens to go straight to the cops and turn them all in. Woodhouse then knocks her out with a frying pan, and the group restrains her.
Cheryl/Carol walks in, followed by Krieger who appears from a secret passage. Cheryl reveals that passages are another work of her grandfather. Krieger suggests using his new and improved mind control chip to fix Pam's addictive personality. Archer mentions the last chip's failure when used on Len Trexler, drawing Ron's interest which Malory tries to wave off. Pam wakes up, and is enraged upon hearing their plans to implant the chip in her brain. Malory suggests using the chip to cure Cheryl's stage fright, but Cheryl rejects the idea. Malory begins to insist, but Pam breaks loose, snatches Cheryl, and disappears into the tunnel Krieger initially emerged from.
They prepare to hunt Pam down with tranquilizers however Agent Holly unexpectedly arrives to check in on them, mentioning cocaine and the Yakuza shootout (from the previous episode). They deny any unlawful actions and come up with various reasons as to why Ron is in a hospital bed.
Ray screams upstairs, Holly, mistaking him for a woman runs off to investigate. The agents and Krieger pursue to prevent him from finding the cocaine. Upstairs Pam and Cheryl, have emerged from a wall (scaring Ray into screaming) and comes across an emotionally broken Ray, berating him before leaving. Holly busts into the room, only to have Ray drunkenly hurl empty liquor bottles and insults at him. Lana heads down to the kitchen, to prevent Agent Holly from finding the cocaine locked in the pantry.
Lana debates whether to turn the others in in exchange for her own immunity and placement in witness protection. Archer comes in and they tease each other. He then admits his concern and Archer tells her to run away while she still has a chance. This cheers Lana up, and they banter for a moment. However Holly shows up outside the door to the kitchen. Archer dicks around for a minute, then Lana beats him.
Beginning to lose steam, Pam nearly drops Cheryl, who tells her how to get to the kitchen for more cocaine.
Ron begins to walk out of the house and on Malory, saying that he'll send her her things.
Back at the kitchen, Holly is about to enter the pantry and find the cocaine when the wall spins around revealing Krieger and Cyril and hiding the cocaine. The coke is now hidden, however Pam finds and begins eating it on the other side of the wall. Archer gets the wall to rotate, revealing Pam and Cheryl. They tranquilizer Pam and Cheryl (by accident), and they both go down. Archer and Lana send them back through the wall hiding the evidence, and confront Holly when he finally makes it through the door. With no evidence Holly finally agrees to leave, but warns that he'll be watching them.
Alone with Cyril, Krieger reveals that he only has one mind control chip, and they must choose between fixing Pam or Cheryl's personalities. Krieger suggests they flip a coin, but Cyril says no.
Back in the main work room, Lana suggests that Holly was right about their having lots of international connections, Archer says he will make a few trips, and Malory mulls over selling out to an international cartel. She then asks Krieger about the brain chip implant; Pam sitting unconscious on the couch. He says he thinks it was successful, since she is not dead, but they will have to wait and see if there are any adverse side effects.
At this point, a yawning Cheryl, dressed in her stage outfit with a guitar walks in, now going by the name of "Cherlene".
Krieger suggests that it looks like they needn't have worried.
- Title Explained: A "House Call" is a visit to the home of a patient or client by a doctor or other professional. This refers to Agent Holly's visit to the Tunt Mansion made even more appropriate by a recuperating Ron's presence.
- Upon seeing Cyril's bar graph, Archer and Pam assumed he just drew penises. the non-colored part of the left graph, which was supposed to represent their monetary losses, slightly resembled the head of a penis. When Malory accused Archer of losing said money, Archer drew a line in the graph, stating that he only lost a small percentage of the "head." In other words, "just the tip."
- Archer compares Pam's strength to that of The Incredible Hulk, stating she may as well be "green and half-deaf" referencing Hulk's portrayal in the 1978 TV series, by body builder Lou Ferrigno. Furthermore, the purple pants that Pam is wearing, with the bottoms of the pant legs torn off, are also characteristic of The Hulk.
- Archer's response ("I learned it by watching you!") to Malory's scolding him over eating the cocaine/yogurt is a reference to the 80's anti-drug public service announcement "Parents Who Use Drugs".
- Malory, after converting 5 lbs of cocaine to 2.27 kg, asks if Lana was Thomas Corwin Mendenhall. Mendenhall was a advocate for the adoption of the metric system by the United States.
- Agent Holly calls Woodhouse "Yoda's Dad", AKA Stuart Freeborn, the English motion picture make-up artist most known for designing Yoda for the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Krieger tries to explain Ron's condition to Agent Holly by claiming that Ron has progeria and that he's "just a little boy."
- The abbreviation for Kentucky is KY, hence "Kentucky Jelly" = K-Y Jelly
- Funny enough, Archer bought a Minitel terminal so he can use the "internet" at home, only to discover that not only does it not connect to the World Wide Web, but it only works in France. This can also be seen as a callback to the Season 2 premiere Swiss Miss, when he sarcastically responded to Conrad Schlotz's involvement in Videotex, saying "Wow, growth industry".
- When Pam kidnaps Cheryl and is carrying her around the manor, Cheryl feels like she's playing Esméralda to Pam's Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
- This episode marks the first time Len Trexler has been mentioned since his last appearance in the Season 2 episode "A Going Concern."
- Tranquilizer darts seem to not have any effect on Malory. This is similar to Archer's liver being able to break down tranquilizers at an alarmingly quick rate.
- Agent Holly says, "What's this door made out of? Mithril?" Mithril was referred to in Diversity Hire, and in Space Race: Part II.
- It is revealed that the CPU in Ray's legs is actually fixable as Krieger told Cyril "Remind me to reboot the CPU in Ray's legs later."
- Archer refers to Pounds as Doctor Who money.
- Despite Archer claiming that he knew none of the different kinds of porn several times in this episode, in the previous episode, he listed tentacle porn as one of the great contributions of Japan. However, this could be because he had heard Krieger talk about it several times before in previous seasons.
- Archer mentions Scooby-Doo when he makes the Pantry wall rotate. Cheryl is also wearing an outfit that resembles Velma's outfit from Scooby Doo
- During the scene where Holly enters the pantry, the cocaine is still clearly visible in some shots
- At the end Krieger says, "Yep Yep Yep", is a catch phrase Ducky from The Land Before Time often used.
- Pam has lost weight due to her cocaine addiction. The weight loss has accentuated the size of her breasts.
Lana: "That's tight enough! We're not making Tit Bondage Porn!"
Malory: "But you could be Famous!" Cheryl: "I could be lettuce!"
Cheryl: "This is only slightly like what the old gypsy woman said!"
Lana: "What?! God shit damn it Archer! What?!"
Archer: "Because I have sex with actual women Cyril! My girlfriend isn't equal parts the internet, a tube of Kentucky jelly, self-loathing, and a sock!"
Archer: "Lana, look at all that coke! Twenty years is just gonna be the bacos on our prison salad."
Agent Holly: "Because I'll be watching you. Like a hawk. That's been bred with an eagle. To make some sort of eagle-eyed super-hawk. With a badge."
Cherlene: "And if somebody don't fry me six goddamn eggs and some Carolina fries, I would personally be shocked, shocked I tell you, if by mornin' this place ain't burnt to the ground."
- When Agent Holly enters the kitchen, and he's reaching out for the tranquilizer dart, you can see that the coke is clearly visible in the room. Which would imply that something illegal is occurring in the mansion.
- When Pam is caught eating the cocaine just before getting shot with tranquilizers, she doesn't have any back tattoos.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 1 screenshots and images from "Archer Vice: House Call" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.