Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Archer Vice: Palace Intrigue, Part II" is the eleventh episode of Archer Vice (season 5) and the sixtieth episode overall.
The men surrender to the presence of a T-72 tank, until Cyril reveals himself as the driver and assumes command of the rescue. Archer goes to mock him, though Pam ends up stealing the moment with her own joke, and Archer chases her out of the room.
- Malory refers to a soldier as "Colonel Panic," which is a pun on kernel panic.
- Sterling saying that his gun "went off for, like, no reason" is a callback to the episode Training Day, in reference to the "Chekhov's gun".
- Sterling shooting Cyril in the chest while he was wearing Kevlar is a callback to "Coyote Lovely". Cyril references that previous incident when he complains that Sterling shoots him every time they go to Latin America.
- After shooting Cyril, Sterling tells Pam, who is kneeling next to Cyril, "let's hear some Bee Gees". This is a reference not only to the title of the song "Stayin' Alive", but also to the song's widespread use in CPR training.
- William Howard Taft is the only man to be both President of the United States and Chief Justice of the United States, but not at the same time (he was President from 1909 to 1913, and then Chief Justice from 1921 to 1930). You probably didn't need to watch Schoolhouse Rock, as Archer suggests, to know that, though.
- Pam calling Cyril "Mike Du-Cockless" while he is in the tank is a reference to Michael Dukakis , the 1988 Democratic nominee for President, who critics say looked about as stupid driving a tank in a much-maligned campaign appearance.
- This is the second time in this season, where at the end of the episode Archer lunges at Pam. The first time was in Southbound and Down.
- When Lana mentions The Thomas Crown Affair, Archer says he is not a big Steve McQueen fan, however, in the original version of the movie in which McQueen plays Crown, the heist involved robbing banks. A painting was stolen in the 1999 remake of the movie starring Pierce Brosnan.
- The tank which Cyril rides in is a Soviet T-72, specifically the Iraqi-produced variant, dubbed the Lion of Babylon.
- Sterling saying "Sorry, that's on me," after Calderon reveals he is out of bullets is a reference to the recurring joke that he has Asperger's syndrome, and can count the number bullets fired in a fight.
- Archer: "Cyril, you wear Kevlar every time we go to Latin America."
- Cyril: "Because every time you shoot me!"
- Archer: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, not every time. Mm, like three out of four tops."
- Cyril: "We're dead! You've killed us!"
- Archer: "Me? I didn't have a follow up... to that."
- Calderon: "And so I wanted to distrubute your records among-- and I hate to say this, but our filthy peasants, so as to brighten their lives with your music."
- Cherlene: "Oh, well now I just feel like a... Wait. Do they even have record players?"
- Calderon: "Well no obviously not, but..."
- Cherlene: "So how would they even use records?!"
- Calderon: "As plates?"
- Archer: "'Adequacy' as in 'mind-blowingness'? Or 'adequacy' as in 'Hey stupid, you just destroyed $40 million dollars'?!"
- Lana: "As in neither, you dummy. This is how you steal a painting. Did you never see The Thomas Crown Affair?"
- Archer: "Uh, no, not a huge Steve McQueen fan."
- Lana: "Ha, Ha! Oh, my God, are you...? Archer, you used to moan about him in your sleep!"
- Archer: "I-I... No, I didn't."
- Cherlene: "I'm gonna go Jerry Lee on your ass!"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 1 screenshots and images from "Archer Vice: Palace Intrigue, Part II" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.