|First appearance||"Job Offer"|
|Voiced by||Dave Willis|
|Weight||183 lbs (pre-cyborg)|
Former ODIN agent|
Former Head of KGB
Katya Kazanova (soulmate)
Barry Dylan or Other Barry is a former ODIN agent introduced in "Job Offer." After being badly injured from a second drop from a rooftop, the KGB turned him into a cyborg. According to his business card, as seen in "Job Offer," the official spelling of his last name is Dylan. Barry is voiced by Dave Willis.
Barry sometimes talks to himself and calls himself "Other Barry." Occasionally he refers to himself in the third person. In addition to conversing with himself, he has also been known to speak to his gun.
Following his late season 2 conversion to a Cyborg, Barry seems to have developed a more focused obsession on getting revenge on Archer for twice dropping him off rooftops and once stealing his girlfriend, who Archer later described as "the Pele of anal."
Barry has a soft side too, though, and appears to genuinely love Katya Kasanova , Archer's one time fiancée, who was resurrected as a cyborg by Dr. Krieger and who might be the current Chairman of the KGB.
While on a mission in Berlin, during which Archer burst into a room to kill two double-agents, Barry ruined Archer's suit. As he clung to a cord to keep from falling off the balcony, Barry apologized to Archer, but the latter decided not to help him. Barry eventually fell on a car and broke his left leg which was fixed by two steel rods and 16 titanium screws.
On a mission to Russia to save Sterling Archer from the KGB at Malory's behest, Barry was dropped from a fire escape by Sterling and had to have his right leg amputated. Then the KGB had him converted into a cyborg to eliminate Katya Kazanova, a defecting KGB agent. But Barry has his own agenda, namely revenge against Archer. He managed to unintentionally kill Kazanova, though he failed in his attempt to kill Archer he was pleased to see that he caused Archer great emotional pain. He later returned to Moscow and took control of the KGB and later killed Nikolai Jakov as an attempt to get revenge on Archer, who he knew was possibly Nikolai's son.
Barry was stuck on the space station Horizon for several months and had no way back to Earth after Cyril destroyed his space ship in Space Race: Part II. Unknown to ISIS however, but revealed in Fugue and Riffs, Barry managed to completely take over Horizon and its crew. He has been using its terrestrial-monitoring capabilities to keep Archer under constant surveillance as well as relay his whereabouts to the KGB, who sent a squad of hitmen to kill Archer (who failed). He forced the station crew into slave labor forcing them to start building him a shuttle in which he can return to Earth.
Eventually, in "Viscous Coupling," Katya manipulated Archer into getting Krieger to help Barry build a new ship and return to Earth. Upon attempting to chastise Katya for her tone towards him, Barry discovered to his chagrin that she was now in charge of the KGB. Several weeks after his return, the pair worked with celebrity chef Lance Casteau to ruin US-Albanian relations and discredit ISIS.
Barry has had a tenuous relationship with three characters throughout the course of the show.
Barry was in a relationship with Framboise, ODIN's former human resources director until he caught her cheating with Sterling Archer during his short stay at ODIN. Technically they were engaged to be engaged, but he was hurt enough to fire her and set up her car to explode.
Lana Kane Edit
|“||I really hope you bring that same kind of enthusiasm and self-starterish-ness to having sex with me.||”|
Barry has shown a professional and sexual interest to Lana Kane. During a mission where both were strapped to a laser machine, he saved them by using a mirror to reflect back the laser beam at the machine, while being "accidentally inside" Lana.
In "A Going Concern", as ODIN is preparing to take over ISIS, Barry offers her Malory Archer's position, regional director, as long as she has sex with him which she reluctantly agrees to do. As Archer's plan to break the deal between Len Trexler and Malory is carried out, Ray Gillette locks them both inside the mainframe, preventing them from interfering. Lana changes her mind about Barry's offer. Barry tries to make a move on Lana, but is later seen to have been punched in the face by her, which left her with a broken hand.
Barry was assigned to kill Katya Kazanova but instead disregarded her for Archer, as Archer had ruined his life. Barry found both of them at Archer's wedding, where he ended up accidentally killing Katya instead. Upon her revival as a cyborg in the third season episode, "Skin Game", Barry attacked ISIS where he fought Katya; their seemingly matched fight turned into them having sex. Despite Katya's pleas that he forget his vendetta against Archer, Barry was just as determined to kill him, and disregarded her. However, since Katya became the new head of the KGB, he has a diminished authority in their relationship.
- Job Offer
- A Going Concern
- Blood Test
- White Nights
- Double Trouble
- Heart of Archness: Part I
- Crossing Over
- Skin Game
- Space Race: Part II
- Fugue and Riffs
- Viscous Coupling
- Live and Let Dine
- He is such a fan of his Desert Eagle Mark VII that in "A Going Concern" he is observed reading a magazine that focuses solely on this weapon.
- Either due to continuity error, or the poor typing skills of the admin staff in the Archer Universe, Barry's last name is spelled either Dylan or Dylon. It is first presented on his business card as Dylan, which is the most likely correct spelling.
- Barry is the first character in the series to become a cyborg. It is unknown if Conway had his arm modified first.
- As the series progresses following his cyborg conversion, Barry becomes increasingly mentally unstable as evidenced by the extreme lengths he goes to looking for ways to psychologically torture or murder Archer.
- Although, given that Barry has referred to himself as "Other Barry" since Job Offer, it is likely that Barry's mental condition actually began after his fall in Berlin, and that his cyborg conversion simply aggravated an already present condition.
- Cyborg Barry and the process he undergoes to turn him into a cyborg is a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man .
- Barry's CPUs are powered by photovoltaics.
- "Barry, does this make up for Framboise? It does, Other Barry. It sure does." - "Job Offer"
- "It wasn't a conversation, Lana. I was just talking to my gun, not with it. Pretty big difference." - "A Going Concern"
- Lana: Taking as in... to get this job, I have to have sex with you?
- Barry: Hey, hey, hey. Those are your words.
- Lana: So—
- Barry: And also mine, yes. - "A Going Concern"
- Barry: You ruined my life!
- Archer: Oh that is bullshit!
- Barry: Really?! Well how would you phrase the fact that you both crippled me physically and emotionally?
- Archer: Not that, crybaby. This. The door's locked. - "White Nights"
- "Well too bad. Because you've sown the wind and now you shall reap... the Barry." - Double Trouble
- Archer: Dropped!, Barry. And how are you not dead?
- Barry: Because the Russians turned me into the unholy abomination of metal fused with flesh which now stands before you. - "Double Trouble"
- "YEAAHHH! One for three off the roof, bitch! Huh huh, Woo!" To Archer after Katya and Barry fell from Archer's apartment balcony. - "Double Trouble"
- Well I assume he's in New York with those shit-bitching-ass bastard Archers!" - "Crossing Over"
- Nikolai: You son of bitch! You actually tink you'll get away wit this?!
- Barry: Huh he he he he he he he he, obviously. Why else would I do it?!
- Nikolai: Who knows with you? You're crazy.
- Barry: AM I?!?! Huh he he he he. I mean between Archer ruining my life and you dicks turning me into a cyborg, I'm kind of amazed I'm even this sane. Which is, obviously, a relative term but—
- Nikolai: Uhh what are you doing?
- Barry: Rationalizing my behavior? - "Crossing Over"
- "Later Tater." - "Crossing Over" and "Skin Game"
Gallery of images Edit
There are 16 images of Barry Dylan on this Wiki, visit the Barry Dylan gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: