|First appearance||"Job Offer"|
|Voiced by||Dave Willis|
|Height||6'1" (1.85 m)|
|Weight||183 lbs (83 kg) (pre-cyborg)|
|Eyes||Red (formerly Hazel)|
|Hair||None (formerly Blond)|
Former ODIN agent|
Former Head of KGB
|Family||Tami Jo Stamps (birth mother)|
Framboise (ex-fiancé; allegedly)|
Katya Kazanova (ex-lover)
- "So, ehm, comrade bionic Barry, can you solve my Kazanova problem?"
"Yeah, probably, if I knew and/or cared who and/or what that was. But since I don't and/or do not, I'm going to kill and/or murder Sterling Archer."
"What?! Нет! Archer may be my son!"
"Well, too bad, because you've sown the wind and now you shall reap... the Barry."
Bartholomew Aloysius Dylan, better known as Barry Dylan, is a former ODIN agent who was turned into a cyborg by the KGB, eventually becoming the head of the KGB. However, after he was trapped in space on the ISS Horizon, his position was usurped by Katya Kazanova. After having his skin burned off during a fight in a grain elevator, he approached the Figgis Agency to find his birth mother. His voice is provided by Dave Willis.
Barry Dylan is the main antagonist of the Archer franchise with uneasy yet straightforward sexual desires.
Before the SeriesEdit
While on a mission in Berlin, during which Sterling Archer burst into a room to kill two double agents, Barry ruined Archer's suit. As he clung to a cord to keep from falling off the balcony, Barry apologized to Archer, but the latter decided not to help him. Barry eventually fell on a car and broke his left leg which was fixed by two steel rods and 16 titanium screws.
Barry sometimes talks to himself and calls himself "Other Barry." Occasionally he refers to himself in the third person. In addition to conversing with himself, he has also been known to speak to, but not with, his gun.
Following his conversion into a cyborg, Barry seems to have developed a more focused obsession on getting revenge on Archer for twice dropping him off rooftops and once stealing his girlfriend, whom Archer later described as "the Pelé of anal." Barry, though he appears to be a good guy, is considered an annoyance at times. Additionally, he has a darker side. After a fight with his alleged fiancé, Framboise, he told Lana he was planning to blow up her car (most likely with her in it).
Barry appeared to genuinely care for Katya Kazanova, Archer's onetime fiancé, who was resurrected as a cyborg by Dr. Krieger. However his inability to let go of his grudge against Archer caused problems in their relationship early on. After she took over the KGB, Barry found himself playing a subservient role to her, and was clearly driven further into his psychotic hatred of Archer when Katya eventually dumped him.
When he returns in Season 7's "Motherless Child," Barry shows a much softer side, asking (and later forcing) the crew to help him find his birth mother, since he was dropped off at an orphanage as a baby, believing that finding her might alleviate the emptiness and bitterness he feels. Though he is still unstable, he gets along better with the crew and leaves them on a warm note, genuinely thanking them and calling them his friends.
- Barry bears a striking resemblance to Robert Shaw as the Russian assassin Donald "Red" Grant in the 1963 James Bond film From Russia with Love.
- He is such a fan of his Desert Eagle Mark VII that in "A Going Concern" he is observed reading a magazine that focuses solely on this weapon.
- Either due to continuity error, or the poor typing skills of the admin staff in the Archer Universe, Barry's last name is spelled either Dylan or Dylon. It is first presented on his business card as Dylan.
- Cyborg Barry and the process he undergoes to turn him into a cyborg is a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man.
- Barry's CPUs are powered by photovoltaics, meaning he is powered by solar energy.
- Barry has twice called out "Aaar-cher... Come out and play-ee-ayyy!" to vocally taunt Archer into one-on-one combat. The taunt itself (including the rhythmic clinking of three beer bottles) is a direct imitation and homage to the taunt Luther uses towards Swan in the 1979 cult action film The Warriors. This was used in "Space Race: Part II" and "Edie's Wedding".
- Barry's name, superhuman speed, red track suit, short blond hair, and sarcastic nature cause him to bear a superficial resemblance to DC Comics' Silver Age The Flash, Barry Allen.
- Barry's real name, Bartholomew, is likely based on Bartholomew the Apostle, who was skinned alive at the time of his death. Both Barry and Bartholomew have no skin. Or just a coincidence.
- Barry's worst nightmare is a recurring nightmare of himself and Santa being chased through the snow by Lurch from the Adam's Family. (Edie's Wedding)
- The initials of his full name, Bartholomew Aloysious Dylan, are B.A.D.
- As "Dutch" in Dreamland, he requires a dose of serum everyday, from which his only supply being Kreiger, his original augmentor. This is likely a reference to the DC Comics Siler Age supervillain Metallo.]
- As of season 8; archer: dreamland; he can be considered a main character due to apearing in every episode.
Appearances for Barry Dylan
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 60 images of Barry Dylan on this Wiki, visit the Barry Dylan gallery to view all the images and screenshots.
Here is a sample of four images from the gallery:
Characters (main and recurring) Figgis Agency Recurring KGB OtherCaptain Murphy · Cecil Tunt · Charles · Commander Kellogg · Conway Stern · Gustavo Calderon · Juliana Calderon · Diedrich and Harris · Mr. Moto · Rip Riley · Noah · Seamus McGoon · Trinette McGoon · Ramon Limon · Rudy · Tiffy · Tony Drake · Len Trexler · Mannfred · Uta · Savio Mascalzoni · Richard Stratton IV · Trent Whitney