|Original Air Date||February 10, 2011|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Animation Directed by||Bryan Fordney|
|U.S. Viewership (Millions)||1.12 |
|Previous||A Going Concern|
Archer is in for a huge (well, about ten pounds) surprise when his favorite call girl, Trinette, shows up at ISIS with a bouncing baby boy on her hip. And a subpoena for a paternity test in her purse. Is Archer the father of the wee baby Seamus? Well, that's what the paternity test is for.
- Starring :
- Guest Starring :
- Co Starring :
- Paternity Test :
- SEP-IRA : Trinette surprise Archer in that she has this variation of an Individual Retirement Account.
- Gill : Both Archer and Barry mispronounce this unit of measure. It is pronounced "jill" not gill as in fish gills.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art & Metropolitan Opera : Malory is afraid that Archer having a baby with a hooker will exclude her from being place on the board of directors of either of the two prestigious institutions.
- Almond Joy : Both Archer and Cyril are shown to be eating a chocolate candy bar after sex in which they used the wrapper in place of a condom. Although not shown to be Almond Joy the look of the bar itself and the color scheme of the wrapper both match the popular snack.
- Emily Post : Archer mentions the notable writer on manners and etiquette: When Malory says "Where are your manners?", Archer replies "I'm sorry, I guess I skipped over the Emily Post chapter about 'How to Introduce Your Mother to a Hooker".
- Kenny Loggins : "Paging Dr. Loggins" is a reference to the song "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins, a frequent reference made by Sterling Archer.
- William S. Burroughs : When Woodhouse says:"Let's liven things up, Burroughs. Five grams of junk says I can shoot a pina colada off your wife's head.". This is a reference to a was early 20th century avant-garde author who in 1951, at a party in Mexico, he accidentally shot his wife in the head while playing a drunken game of "William Tell".
- Malcolm X : Woodhouse mentions Malcolm X Tea in regards to the psychoactive effects of large doses of nutmeg, of which Malcolm X is said to have tried while in prison.
- Of Mice and Men (1937) :
- Trinette asks for Lana to give her back her baby, as she is afraid she will crush him with her giant hands. When Lana refuses to give up the wee baby Seamus, Ray utters the phrase, "give her the rabbit, Lennie". This is a reference to the John Steinbeck novel in which one of the main characters Lennie, who is mentally challenged and possesses great strength. Lennie is obsessed with wanting to own rabbits, but his care taker and only friend always tells him he'd most likely crush the rabbits by accident, just like he did with the mice he took care of.
- Igor : Archer mentions the stock character who is assistant to many types of Gothic villains such as Count Dracula when Malory tells him he must steal blood from someone to replace it with his for the blood test.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) : When Lana angrily informs Cyril that "sexual addiction is not a real disorder," Cyril tells her to "wait 'till the new DSM comes out." One of the proposed revisions of the DSM-V is called "Hypersexual Disorder." It was not included in the final edition.
- Mission: Impossible (1996) : Archer's break-in of the bank vault is very similar to a break-in performed by Ethan Hunt, the lead character in this American action spy film.
- Barbie : Archer mockingly says that his diary can be found by the Barbie Playhouse. This popular girls doll is often associated with a three sided house that is called the Barbie Dream House which the doll fits into.
- G.I. Joe : Lana says she can't picture Archer as a small child, and when she tries all she can see is a tiny version of this popular 12" high military action figure introduce in 1964.
- Hookworm : Archer mistakenly think Woodhouse will get these parasitic worms that live in the small intestine or birds or mammals such as humans.
- Couple Things :....
- Me Too! : Krieger can be heard yelling this off camera in response to a variety of conversations between other characters during the episode. ( see Trivia below ).
- Mulatto Butts :....
- Turtleneck Envy : ....
- Trinette was last seen in Dial M for Mother (s1e10).
- Cheryl, Pam and Ray give Lana grief for dating Archer in the past. However, this has not been seen on screen because they broke up prior to the Mole Hunt (s1e1).
- Cheryl again shows sexual arousal at being choked, this time as Lana attacks her. This fetish was first hinted at in Diversity Hire (s1e3) where dark bruises are clearly visible on her neck post her sexual encounter with Conway Stern.
- Cyril mentions that Lana previously broke up with him which was seen as result of her catching him in the act of cheating on her in Job Offer (s1e9).
- Cheryl also brings up Cyril's cheating in a series of flashbacks which include showing him having sex with Jane on his office desk, which was not previously seen but was disclosed in Dial M for Mother (s1e10), Framboise in Job Offer (s1e9) and Cheryl in Skytanic (s1e7).
- Chet is the second ISIS intern shown that Krieger has performed some kind of test on to the detriment of the intern. The fist was Danny in Honeypot (s1e5) who he secretly dosing him with a drug to make him temporarily gay, which did not turn out good for the poor intern.
- Archer again teases Barry Dylan about dropping him off a balcony and severely damaging his leg. There is also a quick flashback that shows Barry injured post fall on a crushed car. This is the conclusion of a flashback seen in Job Offer (s1e9) which cuts off with Archer refusing to help Barry as he is dangling of the edge prior to falling.
- Malory once again demonstrates a rivalry with her as of yet unseen neighbor Trudy Beekman. This rivalry was first demonstrated when she set fire to her apartment after planting the dead body of Torvald Utne there in Killing Utne (s1e4).
- Several non-speaking ISIS employees can be seen at the baby shower such as Bilbo and Bryan who were both last seen in Dial M for Mother (s1e10).
- Archer is again shown throwing Woodhouse's clothes off his balcony ( in flashback ) as a punishment like previously seen in Honeypot (s1e5).
- Archer discovers in this episode that Woodhouse has a Heroine addiction, something Malory has long been aware of.
- Pam is interrupted having sex with a passed out Cyril in the bathroom. After she lead away we see Ray enter followed by the sound of his zipper being un-zipped.
- Cyril is again refereed to as being well endowed which was first established Training Day (s1e2) when his medical records showed he had filed an insurance claim to have a "penis-ensmallment".
- Both Archer and Cyril are shown to have had sex with Trinette in flashbacks.
- The baby Seamus is proven to be Cyril's child with the positive paternity test, but since Archer had covertly replaced his blood with that of Cyrils, it appears to be Arher's. This is something Barry was aware of from the start explaining why he goaded Archer into making the switch and the ODIN agents ignored his clumsy break-in.
- As Malory is going through a box of old stuff in Archer's bedroom we see Archer's baby shoes, christening gown, his first pair of lacrosse cleats, first smoking jacket and his first black turtleneck.
- Archer's ringtone is called "Mulatto Butts". One of the ODIN agents guarding the safe also has this ringtone. This is part of a running joke from Adam Reed's shows, where odd songs are created for ringtones for characters to use. (For instance "Cat Party" from "Frisky Dingo." Adam Reed has said that someone has probably made this into an actual ringtone, as was done with the previous songs.
- The use of 934, 934TX, and 934TXS: The lockbox which stores a glass bottle of Archer’s blood has the code of 934TXS when Archer decodes it inside the bank vault.
- Woodhouse, upon realizing his "entire stash" of heroin is gone, says "it's going to be an itchy weekend," referring to one of heroin's effects. However, heroin causes users to itch while they are high, not while withdrawing.
- Lana, throughout the episode, propositioned both Archer and Ray to make a baby.
- Kreiger yells "Me Too!" off camera 3 times at the baby shower each responding to a different comment made by someone.
- After Kreiger give breast milk as a gift to Trinette, Pam says she made her gift prompting the "Me Too!" from Kreiger.
- Archer tell Woodhouse that if he wanted to see his bare feet he would sneak in and do it while he was asleep again prompting Kreiger's "Me Too!"
- A taking the baby, Trinette says, "Whoa, someone's got a full dipper." prompting the third and final "Me Too!" from Kreiger.
- Blood Test was the fist episode produced for the second season but was aired as the third episode. This was a common happening in for season 2 as 7 out of the 13 episodes produced where aired out of order from their production.
- There is a couple continuously making in the background of the baby shower. As time progresses they become more and more into it, starting with just kissing, then stroking her ass and so forth... Bilbo is also shown to have taken notice he is staring at the couple and step by step, slowly getting closer to them.
- New York City, New York
- ISIS headquarters
- Trinette's Lawyer's Office
- First Savings Bank
- Roof, ventilation duct and vault
- Sterling Archer's apartment
- Main room, master bedroom, a bathroom, balcony and kitchen.
- Cyril Figgis' apartment
- Master bedroom
- Unnamed city street
- Barry : "Oh and by the way, supper crazy about the elevator pretending it's a dryer."
- Malory : "Sterling Malory Archer you... are going to break into that vault and replace your blood with someone else's."
- Archer : "Someone else's blood? Ya great, I'll just have Igor bring a villager up to my castle. Uh, Igor!"
- Woodhouse : "Yeesss? Oh evening sir. Hello mum."
- Archer : "Woodhouse, what the hell is this?"
- Lana : "It's a baby shower."
- Trinette : "What's it look like, you puke?"
- Malory : "I think I can use a drink. Sterling...pick a villager."
- Archer : "What's with all this glass?"
- Malory : "I brained him with the absinthe bottle."
- Archer : "Why?"
- Malory : "What was I to do, say take a load off while we pump you full of heroine?"
- Archer : "Wow, I'm defiantly missing that blood. Maybe if I drank some of Cyril's blood I'd...Wait what am I saying? I don't even know his blood type."
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 74 screenshots and images from "Blood Test" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
- "Blood Test" on IMDB
Reference List Edit
- ↑ Archer Season 2 Episode 3 Ratings on tvbythenumbers.com
- ↑ "Episode guide". FX Networks. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- ↑ American Psychiatric Association. "Hypersexual Disorder" Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ↑ Rae, Jessoca. "Our Exclusive Interview with Aisha Tyler & Adam Reed of 'Archer'". Small Screen Scoop. Retrieved February 11, 2011.