In How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written, Archer gives a recipe for his Bloody Mary:
- 3oz vodka - 6oz freshly squeezed tomato juice - 1oz freshly squeezed lime juice - 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horse radish - dash of Worcestershire sauce - dash of hot sauce - dash of salt and pepper
Shake ingredients, over ice, in a cocktail mixer. Pour mixture and ice into an imperial pint glass and garnish, using one of those cool little plastic swords they have, with:
- 1 rib organic celery, with leafy bits still attached - 3 Extremadura olives (pitted and pimiento-ed ahead of time by your valet) - 3 caper berries
"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer
- In "Training Day," Malory has one in her office as she discusses her concern that Lana's loins might be frothing for Archer with Cyril.
- In "Honeypot," Archer and Malory have them for breakfast when they discuss Malory's plan to counter-blackmail Ramon Limon.
- In "The Rock," Archer is drinking one during the video conference with Captain Regent Claudio.
- In "Blood Test," Malory is having one during the paternity hearing.
- In "The Double Deuce," Woodhouse serves Archer a pitcher full for breakfast. Archer gives a crying Seamus a celery stick from his drink.
- In "The Limited", Archer drinks one on the train, and complains to the bartender that it's nothing more than ketchup and vodka.
- In "Crossing Over" Archer drinks one of these to combat his hangover, and says his Bloody Mary prayer.