|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Voiced by||Jessy Lynn Martens (singing)|
|Occupation||Malory Archer's ISIS secretary|
|Family||Cecil Tunt (brother)|
|Relationships||Gustavo Calderon (husband, deceased)|
|“||"You're not my supervisor!||”|
Cheryl R. Tunt is Malory's prattling secretary at ISIS. She used to be infatuated with Sterling. Cheryl used to change her name frequently in order to acquiesce to whoever is in her presence. She comes from an extremely wealthy family, lives in a huge mansion, and has a pet ocelot named Babou. She is voiced by Judy Greer.
Cheryl and her brother Cecil are the only two surviving members of the Tunt family. The Tunts are a wealthy family who are descended from the railroad tycoon Cornelius Tunt. Cheryl's parents died recently when their chauffeur had a stroke and crashed into a tree. She didn't go to her parents' funeral because she was afraid Malory would fire her for being late. Her money is locked up in a trust fund.
With their parents dead, Cheryl and Cecil stand to inherit 1 billion dollars (split between them). This made Cheryl a target of some kidnappers. She believes that she is 1/64th Cherokee.
Personality EditCheryl's lack of computer savvy is shown as she attempts to turn on her computer by typing the letters "O" and "N" on her keyboard, and search for an online pregnancy test. Despite the fact that she desperately wanted to have Conway Stern's baby in "Diversity Hire," she voices an extreme distaste for babies, labeling them as "germ factories". However, this may have been an attempt to fulfill a fantasy of abandoning a baby at a mall. She has slept with Sterling Archer in several episodes, each time falling victim to his callous treatment. She had a dinner date with Woodhouse in "Killing Utne." She managed to have a short affair with Cyril Figgis throughout the latter half of the first season as part of an intricate plot, revealed in "Skytanic," to make Archer jealous so he would date her. Starting in "The Rock," she begins an on and off relationship with Doctor Krieger, who ends up building a "Chokebot" to get her back when she tells him she is breaking things off in "Dial M for Mother" due to a lack of strength for choking in his "weak, woman-y hands." Beginning in the second season, she is shown to be quite mentally unstable and has a habit of huffing/ingesting rubber cement.
Depending on the day, Cheryl is either friends or enemies with Pam. The two are often seen working together, or quarreling. When Pam is kidnapped in Cheryl's place, Cheryl actually seems to feel bad about and attempts to force ISIS to rescue Pam in exchange for signing ISIS to be her protector.
Cheryl enjoys extreme sexual fetishes as well. She frequently demands to be choked during sex and becomes "wet just thinking about it." Should Cyril snap and kill her, she would consider the event the "world's gushiest orgasm." She often refers to this obsession with being killed as erotic, for instance in "Honeypot" when she reveals a fantasy about a fireman choking her to death instead of performing CPR. In Skytanic, Cyril had gotten so angry with her in bed that that he choked her out. She says she is turned on by physical and emotional violence. She is an arsonist and seems to be turned on by as well as fascinated by fire. On several occasions she has set fires in order to meet people, like firemen.
She seems to be absolutely disconnected from any sense of money. She is disinterested in learning about finances, and has all kinds of odd notions about how they work. For instance, she thought insurance with a high deductible was good because "don't you deduct it on your taxes or something?"  Or when she thought it was good that having chlamydia put her over her deductible "so the rest of that year all my doctor visits were totally free, score!" (In fact, she said this was the only favor Archer had ever done her.). It's obvious that her wealth has insulated her from having to worry about financial matters, so she has no clue why Cyril would be so upset at her over $3700  or Pam over $14,000. In "Jeu Monégasque," when everyone else freaks out that four million dollars are missing from their 401(k) accounts, Cheryl, who has already figured out where that money went, says "Is that a lot?" Other people have apparently been managing her money for her, as well, and she seems unsure about what she owns at times. All this makes more sense of the fact that the trust and the family business is managed by her brother.
Employment at ISISEdit
As Malory's personal assistant, Cheryl screens Malory's phone calls and visitors. She also takes care of whatever Malory needs at the moment, such as cleaning up after her fits of destructive rage, also fetching and opening her Cobb salads.
Despite complaining about how much she hates her job, Cheryl is actually very dedicated to it.
During the Heart of Archness series of episodes, she often stayed in the office all night to await important phone calls on Malory's orders. In "Fugue and Riffs," she describes the hatred toward her co-workers as the only thing that gets her out of bed in the morning. It is unknown why she works at ISIS, it may be a consequence of boredom.
As Country Singer "Cherlene"Edit
During Season 5, Cheryl takes on a new career as a country singer. In "House Call", a mind control microchip is implanted in her brain by Krieger to relieve her of performance anxiety. Following this, Cheryl adopts the new alias of Cherlene. While she retains traces of her ditziness, she also becomes more confident, outspoken, vain (occasionally referring to herself in the third person), and a brazen hillbilly starlet. However, Krieger ultimately reveals the "microchip" was just a sticker.
When Cherlene performs country music songs, she is voiced by Jessy Lynn Martens.
- "Duuuhhh!" (multiple)
- "Mind if I glue up?"
- "You're not my supervisor!" (multiple)
- "Jeez-owww! ...Ya got another one in ya?"
- "Just like the gypsy woman said!" (multiple)
- "Ugh! Now nobody's picking up! A monkey could do this stupid job!"
- "Please! If you really cared, you'd resign, but there's no way you ever will because you're just counting days until - her face, bloated and yellow from liver failure - she calls you to her deathbed and, in a croaky whisper, explains that Mr. Archer is totally incompetent and that you, the long suffering Lana Kane, are the only one qualified to run ISIS and you weep shameful tears because this terrible place is the only true love you will ever know."
- "Oh my God, this is so boring and forever-taking!"
- "Like, a big sweaty fireman carries you out of a burning building, lays you on the sidewalk, and you think, "Yeah, okay, he's gonna give me mouth to mouth." But instead, he just starts choking the shit out of you, and the last sensation that you feel before you die is he is squeezing your throat so hard that a big, wet, blob of drool drips off his teeth and just "flurr", falls right onto your popped out eyeball..."
- "Whoooo! Outlaw country!" (multiple)
- "Duhhhh! We were shooting my album cover!"
- "Hey, Treebeard! Take me with you! You can do unspeakable things to and/or on me!"
- "I'm gonna go Jerry Lee on your ass!"
- Siobhan Price served as the model for Cheryl.
- She has gone by the names Carol, Cristal, and Carina. Both Sterling and Malory constantly switch back and forth between Carol and Cheryl when talking to her. Initially she started going by Carol because that was what Archer mistakenly called her. Later, after her frequent name changes, she often replied that she did not know what her name was when asked.
- She has gone through multiple personality changes throughout the series. Originally depicted as airheaded, conniving, manipulative and deceitful, she was rewritten into a more easy-going yet intellectually-lacking character in season 2. In season 3 her intellect continues to degrade into a more childlike state, and has become less concerned with the well-being of her co-workers. In season 4 her behavior took a turn for the further unusual, displaying instances of unconscious mindreading as well as breaking the fourth wall, being able to hear the show's music.
- She appears to be a sadist to some degree, finding amusment in others' pain, the best example being when she laughs at the gruesome scene of the dead KGB agents killed by archer in "Fugue and Riffs" while everyone else is repulsed.
- She enjoys erotic asphyxiation during sex.
- She has inadvertently expressed bisexual interests, responding amorously to Malory's physical abuse, and responding to Pam carrying her by saying she's "totally digging this whole Queen Kong vibe", while also expressing disgust at the idea at other points.
- She has been institutionalized in a mental hospital, at least once as a result of an incident in college, as explained in "Movie Star." She was stalking a quarterback named Dick Sledge in her sophomore year (who had been ignoring her). She had gone so far as to break her own arm and ask him to sign her cast as a conversation starter (he wouldn't do it). She broke into his apartment to find out what he liked and "roll around in his clothes," but he came home and surprised her. She then stabbed his throwing hand with a pair of scissors, severing his tendon and ending his football career. Because of this incident she is now familiar with police procedures regarding mentally ill suspects and has used this to her advantage.
- Her ocelot is named Babou after Salvador Dalí's ocelot.
- Tunt also rhymes with cunt, which is reinforced by all the given names she's used's beginning with the letter 'C' and thus explains the title of the Season 4 finale episodes "Sea Tunt: Part I" and "Sea Tunt: Part II". Archer finds this hilarious and is surprised when no one else reacts to the reference, as he often says, "Tome, again?" Throughout the series there will be callbacks to this, for instance in "The Limited" where the engineer exclaims, "Those crazy Tunts!"
- She is heavily disgusted by babies, becoming obsessive with cleaning when in proximity of one.
- Even though she is disgusted by babies, she hoped she was pregnant with Conway Stern's baby after they had intercourse, even going so far as to take an internet pregnanacy test.
- She claims not to know what cancer is.
- She likewise did not know what chocolate mousse was. As she and Pam eat it together, Pam refers to it as mousse. This disgusts Cheryl initially because she believes Pam is telling her that what they are eating contains moose; she spits it out. She also spits out the mousse when she mistakenly believes Pam has told her it contains nuts, to which Pam must remind her she is not allergic.
- She overuses the word 'Duh', sometimes even when she doesn't actually know what she is referring to. She openly admits she doesn't know why she says it so much and thinks she needs help.
- She is in a corn-hole league.
- She addresses Archer as Mr. Archer.
- She is lactose intolerant and allergic to penicillin.
- She both inhales and ingests rubber cement in the second and fourth seasons. She appears to have some kind of withdrawal when she uses all of the cement in the office (for instance feeling ants all over her), but using it has a calming effect on her.
- She is a pyromaniac, repeatedly threatening, planning, and sometimes trying, to burn ISIS headquarters to the ground.
- She has $50,390 in her ISIS 401(k) under the name Cheryl Gimple.
- She is a descendant of Cornelius Tunt and George Washington Tunt. Cornelius Tunt is a reference to Cornelius Vanderbilt, American shipping and railroad magnate and patriarch of the extremely wealthy Vanderbilt family. George Washington Vanderbilt was a descendent of the Cornelius Vanderbilt.
- She regularly eats LSD-infused gummy bears, appropriately named "Groovy Bears," until a mandatory drug test threatens her job security, although she resumes eating them in season 4. She starts doing this after finding out (in A Going Concern) that Doctor Krieger has been dosing her with LSD by tricking her with LSD-infused breath strips. Apparently she enjoyed the LSD, given her later obsession with and extreme consumption of the "Groovy bears." In "Fugue and Riffs" she freaks out when this results in an hallucination involving an ostrich, screaming and dropping the bears then running away.
- She is skilled in macramé, a talent she honed during her stay in a mental institution, as "they were super strict about not having sharp objects on the ward." 
- She is disgusted by deformities and handicaps. For instance she walked to work to avoid riding the train with a little person (to whom she referred to as a "train dwarf" ), and when Archer lost his hearing  and Ray the use of his legs she screamed at them to "move along." One possible exception, apparently, would be people with hooks for hands.
- Archer repeatedly infected her with chlamydia.
- She can apparently hear background music as seen in Sea Tunt.
- Dr. Krieger implanted a mind control chip to cure Cheryl of her stage fright in the Season 5 episode, House Call.
- Her latest name change happens to be Cherlene, as a country singer in Season 5.
- In every episode after House Call, she is seen shouting out "Outlaw Country!"
- As Cherlene, her outfit changes, and she wears mostly cut off shorts, a plaid top, that shows off her midrif and cowboy boots.
- She was married briefly to Gustavo Calderon, but they never consummated their marriage.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Diversity Hire
- ↑ Job Offer
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Blood Test
- ↑ Skytanic
- ↑ Legs
- ↑ Viscous Coupling
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Training Day
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Midnight Ron
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 El Secuestro
- ↑ Live and Let Dine
- ↑ Fugue and Riffs
- ↑ Killing Utne
- ↑ Space Race: Part II
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Stage Two
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Placebo Effect
- ↑ Mole Hunt
- ↑ The Honeymooners
- ↑ White Nights
- ↑ Jeu Monégasque
- ↑ A Going Concern
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 Movie Star
- ↑ Heart of Archness: Part III
Gallery of ImagesEditThere are 38 images of Cheryl Tunt on this Wiki, visit the Cheryl Tunt gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: