|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Voiced by||Chris Parnell|
|Hair||Black (gray at temples)|
|Aliases||Chet Manley, Odie McCracken|
|Languages||English (native), Spanish (Proficient), German (Potentially fluent)|
ISIS comptroller (former), field agent,defense attorney (former), President of San Marcos (former)
Cyril's father (Father)Cyril's mother (Mother, deceased)
|Relationships||Seamus McGoon (Son)|
|“||Because I happen to be a kick-ass accountant!||”|
Cyril's exact age is unknown, but judging by his dress style and the grey streaks in his hair, he is roughly in his mid to late 40's.
As a child he lost his mother in a fire and seems to have been raised entirely by his father who was extremely strict and demanding. It has been stated numerous times that his father constantly pressured his son and showed complete disappointment in his son no matter what Cyril did or how hard he tried to please him. This belief of failure accumulated in a spelling bee where Cyril lost after peeing his pants because his father was watching him on the sideline. Strangely his fathers outlook of failure on his son achievements which in many ways completely outshine his own clashes with his own lack of advancement in the world being a school superintendent of county with only 830 kids K through twelve which has been commented on several times. One could actually point out that despite what his father says and did Cyril has achieved more for himself then his father ever could which is sadly completely lost on Cyril.
His childhood has given Cyril a deepseated insecurity in his masculinity that has led to extreme amount of emotional dysfunction throughout the series. Bookish, awkward and lacking self-confidence, he is jealous of Sterling's career, charisma and provocative lifestyle because deep down Archer is everything Cyril wishes he could be. Cyril was dating ISIS agent Lana Kane after she broke up with Archer acting as Lana's rebound boyfriend, but they had a "falling out" after she walked in on him having sex with Framboise and subsequently discovered he was cheating on her as much as Archer ever did. Weirdly, Cyril cheated on Lana with several of the women Archer had sex with such as ,Cheryl, Treynette, and Framboise who Archer had sex with merely minutes earlier in the same exact building with Lana several floors above him! It has been implied that he is extremely well-endowed, with Cyril going so far as to attempt to get his medical plan to cover a "penis ensmallment" as discovered by Cheryl and Pam in "Training Day". Cyril claims to suffer from sexual addiction, and has attended meetings of Sex Addicts Anonymous. He avoids consuming alcohol because it tends to exacerbate his condition.
His lack of confidence stems from his inability to please his father. During "Tragical History" Cyril recalls a particularly painful memory of wetting his pants during a spelling bee when he attempted to spell the word "onomatopoeia" in front of his father, resulting in his father's apparent disappointment of him for the rest of his life.
Cyril is the unwitting father of the wee baby Seamus. When Trinette McGoon slept with both Cyril and Archer, they both used a chocolate bar wrapper to imply they were using a condom (as Trinette assumed the candy bar wrapper was a condom wrapper). Cyril's parentage of Seamus was verified when his blood was switched for Archer's in "Blood Test", which tested positive in the paternity test
As the series has progressed the distance between Cyril and his ultimate rival Archer has closed somewhat though their is still a vast expanse between the two. Cyril has become an agent of ISIS, gone on missions, fought other spies, used fire arms( though laughably poorly), and traveled the world. He has slowly become trim and physically fit able to keep up with the other agents on their missions and even able to positively contribute to the team. At one time he was responsible for saving Archers life when Archer was bitten by a snake and Ray was disabled lifting a jeep. He drove the car and aquired the medicine showing a genuine care for Archer rarely seen. To a small degree he has achieved the life he dreamed of when he first began working for ISIS. He is still demeaned and poked fun at by the other ISIS members even having Archer point out that in a way his entire life has been as farcical as his own. Through dint of sheer hard work he has gained the respect of the others at ISIS and even Archer to a small degree as an agent having at times prevented the failure of missions and even saving all of their lives by flying the space shuttle. Over time his envy and hatred of Archer has faded to a little since he has become and agent and has adventures on missions with Archer. His fear of Archers temper has also faded as he has started standing up to Archers bullying him even punching archer in the face when Archer continued to shove him though he immedietly payed dearly for that decision. He has at times even yelled at Archer for endangering Lana whom he still loves. When Archer threatens Lanas life with his idiocy or blindness to danger Cyril has stopped Archer and brought him back to reason. He has to a point become the man he wanted to be and has gained more confidence as an agent. He now views Archer similarly to the other members of ISIS as a fool and the awkward gawkiness has been replaced by the confidence of a real man. The other agents of ISIS still view him as the lowest man on the totem pole, but still rush to his rescue when he is in danger even Archer has saved his life many times though he continually mocks him for it. His hatred and thirst to murder Archer is no longer as prominent though he still desperately wants Lana back and shames himself relentlessly with his half handed efforts at wooing her which embaresses and lowers him in the eyes of his fellow employees who view his efforts as idiotic and distainful which says a lot. In a way he is a farcical copy of Archer and this is often mockingly showed in the series numerous times.
Despite Cyril's apparent dedication to Lana during their relationship, he actually cheated on Lana many times. At least ten sexual partners have been confirmed, including:
- Cheryl Tunt (multiple occasions)
- Pam Poovey - "Blood Test" (Pam took advantage of Cyril while he was passed out) and in "Heart of Archness" (They both got "Black Out Drunk" and had sex twice)
- Ray Gillette - "Blood Test " (Ray took advantage of Cyril while he was passed out from heroin)
- Lana Kane
- "Jeezy-petes!" - Various
- Cyril: "Because I happen to be a kick-ass accountant!"
Spelvin: "Did that sound a lot better in your head?"
Cyril: "Yeah." - Tragical History
- "Just jackin' it, on the telephone." - El Secuestro
- Meekly saying: "Hello"- Most Episodes
- "SUPPRESSING FIRE!!!" (While in battle)
- "You know... just jackin' it."
- "7, 6, 2 Millimeter, Full Metal Jacket." (Upon contemplating suicide in a bathroom.)
- "But first I need some clean clothes. This is not mud all over my pants...................It’s caca." - El Contador
- “Well, he certainly doesn’t have cancer in his fists.” —Cyril
- Stuart Fierman served as the model for Cyril.
- Shares a resemblance to J.J Abrams.
- In "Jeu Monégasque," he has $9,059 in his ISIS 401(k), due to borrowing $3700 from it and giving the amount over to Cheryl, who proceeded to literally burn the money.
- Cyril had been shown to have little to no ability in using a gun, accidentally shooting Brett in the stomach when not realizing the gun safety was off (El Secuestro), as well as accidentally killing a KGB agent in the middle of a crucial interrogation by Lana (Crossing Over). He does have acceptable aim with small firearms however as seen in "Training Day" where he is able to hit a target being held up by Woodhouse, and in "Tragical History", where he was able to shoot the computer containing the decrypted files of ISIS field agents. He has a bad habit of closing his eyes when he shoots, probably because of his lack of confidence and aversion to violence, and of accidentally firing his gun at inopportune moments. After season 3, he is prone to screaming "Supressing Fire!" while firing an automatic weapon or something similar, such as a Fire-extinguisher.
- While more than once expressing hatred towards his co-workers, Cyril has an openly elevated level of hatred for Sterling, often reciting the many ways he'd enjoy seeing him die. This extends to Cyril's "usual" computer passwords; phrases in which Sterling would die.
- Cyril is proven to have some trilingual ability as he spoke fluent Spanish in "El Contador" and German in "Placebo Effect".
- Despite his lack of confidence, Cyril's ego has a tendency to over-inflate in moments of glory, which typically leads to aggravating those around him and ending in disaster probably due to his normal lack of confidence.
- Cyril does show some skill as a field agent, as seen in El Contador. While inept with both firearms and hand-to-hand combat, he is able to make quick tactical decisions and quickly think up convincing cover stories to hide his identity, able to keep the facade going until he revealed himself with Lana to back him up.
- Cyril was shown to be on the chubby side prior to Space Race: Part I, when he appears considerably more muscular. Cyril's physique continued to improve over the course of season 4, becoming trimmer and more physically fit.
- Despite his sexual addiction being a major recurring gag for season 2, it was never mentioned nor appeared again afterwards save for "Vision Quest " in season 6.
- A running gag is that Cyril rarely gets a person's sarcastic or over-exaggerated remarks.
- Cyril has a tracking device implanted into his body. Lana admits that she put it there in the episode "Training Day" due to her trust issues. The location of this device, as well as the device itself, have not come up again since season 1.
- In addition to being fluent in law practices, Cyril is also a skilled military strategist; during his brief period as the president of San Marcos, he was able to lead the country to near-victory over the Rebel armies. He claims this is a result of him being an avid Warhammer player.
- Cyril doesn't remember the names of his parents, due to Krieger's meddling.
- Cyril has a 12-inch penis. At one point he attempted to file an insurance claim for a "penis ensmallment."
Gallery of ImagesEditThere are 62 images of Cyril Figgis on this Wiki, visit the Cyril Figgis gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: