|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||January 21, 2010|
Plot summary Edit
During a staff meeting, Malory reveals that due to the deaths of several agents, ISIS must hire a racially diverse staff to obtain tax incentives, solved with the already-hired Conway Stern. Malory gives Conway a tour, where Stern gets propositioned by Malory, and in a fight with Archer in the locker room (which ends in a very gay position). Lana is intensely angry with Stern taking her position as top agent.
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- "Sammy Gayvis Jr." is a reference to Sammy Davis Jr.(who was both black and Jewish).
- Bilbo's Coat of Dwarven Mithril is a fictional garment from The Lord of the Rings.
- After Pam tells Archer that his complaint was "bounced back" by the system, he insists that she "unbounce it". Pam says "What am I, Tron?" In the film "TRON", the hero competes in a futuristic game similar to jai alai, in which players bounce energy balls at eachother.
- Danger Zone is a song sung by Kenny Loggins and was in the 1986 movie Top Gun.
- A "Charles Whitman sampler" is a dual reference. First to Charles Whitman, a man who went on a shooting rampage with a rifle in Texas in 1966. Second to The Whitman's Sampler, a popular assortment of boxed chocolates.
- The submarine that is to be modified to accept the Whisper Drive in Conway's briefing is identified as the "Borei/Dolgorukiy". This sub design is part of Project 955 Borei which was not laid down until 1996. However in the mid-1980s (matching up with the show's apparent timeframe), another Borei sub project, 935 (though not known as Dolgorukiy) was briefly in development. Project 955 is slated to carry the Bulava SLBM, while Conway's sub is slated to carry the R-39UTTH "Bark" missile, which was indeed to be carried by the 935 Borei. In reality, ISIS needn't have worried - the Bark never made a successful test flight and was cancelled, to be replaced by Bulava on the 955 subs.
- Sterling comments that he called Lana Quadroon, a term for a person who is 1/4 African/Aboriginal
- Through a doorway at Malory's condo, we see a large portrait of her late dog, Duchess.
- At the end of the episode, Conway is shocked that the only question Archer wants him to answer is whether or not Conway slept with his mother. Conway suggests better questions might include: who he (Conway) is, how he infiltrated ISIS, or who's flying the helicopter.
- This episode is the only one to reference Weekly Spyglass newsletter the inter-office newsletter at ISIS.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 23 screenshots and images from "Diversity Hire" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.