|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||April 21, 2011|
Suspicion and jealousy arise at ISIS as Doctor Krieger works to finish a top-secret project, and Archer brings a mysterious former KGB agent named Katya Kazanova home to meet Malory. Meanwhile, the KGB takes Barry Dylan as a guinea pig and turns him into a cyborg.
- When Malory walks in on Archer and Katya about to have sex, Archer says "Hello!" in a tone similar to Cyril when he was caught having sex with various women.
- Cheryl copies Katya's hairstyle at Archer's Wedding.
- The profile of Katya reveals many things about her. Her behavioral ticks include: licking lips, curling hair, and eye fluttering. Her personal interests include: sharp-shooting, advanced survival training, and snow mobile racing. She is listed as 27 years old, 5'9", 108 lbs, with green eyes and blond hair.
- Barry's injury and resurrection as a cyborg is a reference to The Six Million Dollar Man and its opening sequence.
- After Jakov reveals that Katya has seen the Party Chairman involved in a gay orgy, Boris says "More like Lemon Party chairman." This is a reference to an infamous shock website that showed a picture of a gay threesome between three very old men. You can try to find it on the Internet, but remember what has been seen cannot be unseen.
- During the episode, Ray comments on the irony of being legally licensed to conduct marriages for opposite-sex couples in New York State, yet unable to get married to another man. This episode aired on April 21, 2011; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage in New York State 64 days later, on June 24, 2011. (The bill took effect on July 24, thirty days after being signed.)
- The use of 934,
934TX, and 934TXS (harken back and/or flash forward)
- Skytanic, Season 1, Episode 7: The bomb's model number is 934TXS which is confusing when Archer, who does not know the NATO phonetic alphabet, says to Ray it’s “like INXS.”
- The Rock, Season 1, Episode 8: The “code cloner” displays 934TXS when unlocked.
- Blood Test, Season 2, Episode 3: The lockbox, which stores a glass bottle of Archer’s blood, has the code of 934TXS when Archer decodes it inside the bank vault.
- Double Trouble, Season 2, Episode 13: When Barry’s Bionic cybernetic information is displayed, under Fuel Capacity the screen displays 934TXS ENCRYTED.
- Live and Let Dine, Season 4, Episode 7: Rodney uses the 934TX Telephonic Isolator Unit to find out 16's exclusive phone number for reservations. Again, at the very end of the episode for a brief moment, 934-TXS is call number on Barry & Katya’s helicopter.
- The Papal Chase, Season 4, Episode 11: The imposter “Swiss Guard's” vehicle plate number is 934TXS.
- The Holdout, Season 6, Episode 1: When Pam does the retinal scan, the secret door unlocks and the code reads 934TXS.
- Three to Tango, Season 6, Episode 2: The license plate on the limo Archer is chauffeuring for Lana and Conway reads 934TXS; it can be seen when he screeches to a halt in the parking garage. Additionally, when Slater drives Lana and Archer to the airport the front license plate reads 934TXS, but the back plate is different.
- Edie’s Wedding, Season 6, Episode 4: Pam and Archer board flight number 934.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 17 screenshots and images from "Double Trouble" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.