|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||March 31, 2011|
Cheryl was targeted for a kidnapping, but she misleads the kidnappers into thinking Pam was her. When Cheryl gets to ISIS, she explains her tardiness by revealing that she was the target of a kidnapping. When Malory asks why anyone would want to kidnap her, Cheryl reveals that she is a member of the Tunt family (not Gimble as it says on her W-4). The Tunts are a wealthy railroad family. Cheryl proves this by taking the ISIS crew to her mansion home. She then reveals she's worth about $500 Million, after splitting a $1 Billion inheritance with her "gross" brother. Malory decides ISIS needs to protect Cheryl, for a fee of course.
The kidnappers beat Pam, but she's tough enough to withstand it and insult the kidnappers. When they realize they have the wrong woman, they call ISIS using a voice changer. As Archer and Lana try to convince the kidnappers to let Pam go, Malory gets on the phone and tries to make a deal with the kidnappers. They can't agree to switch Pam with Cheryl, and Malory states she thinks Pam is only worth $5,000.
Before Pam is killed, she agrees to help the kidnappers get Cheryl, and they go off to sneak into ISIS. Cyril, realizing Cheryl is not willing to return the $37,000 amount he leant her from his 401k, kidnaps her for a ransom and handcuffs her to a pipe away from all the others. While calling ISIS and using a voice changer, he attempts to bargain a ransom from ISIS in exchange for Cheryl, but Lana catches him.Archer finds Cheryl, who he believes 'kidnapped herself.' Once they are with the others, Pam and the kidnappers arrive. A shootout commences, with all the kidnappers being killed.
However, instead of being grateful, Pam is extremely upset with Malory, for putting a low price on her life. The others stay back as Pam approaches Malory, ready to strike her. Malory asks is anyone is going to help her, and Lana states, 'Nope.'
- "Secuestro" is Spanish for "kidnapping".
- The Tunt family has many references to the famous American Vanderbilt family, known for their railroad and shipping empires and extreme wealth. Cornelius Tunt shares the first name with their patriarch Cornelius Vanderbilt and George Washington Tunt with George Washington Vanderbilt. Additionally, the Tuntmore House is a reference to the famous Biltmore Estate, the largest private home in America.
- Cheryl ocelot is named Babou after Salvador Dali's ocelot.
- Tunt also rhymes with cunt, which Archer finds hilarious and is surprised when no one else reacts to the reference.
- Archer's fear of cyborgs and believing the kidnappers are cyborgs is ironic in light of events in "Double Trouble".
- The verse Pam has tattooed on her back, alongside hash marks totaling 13, is the third stanza of Lord Byron's The Destruction of Sennacherib:
|“|| FOR THE ANGEL OF DEATH|
SPREAD HIS WINGS ON THE BLAST,
AND BREATHED IN THE FACE
OF THE FOE AS HE PASSED;
AND THE EYES OF THE SLEEPERS
WAXED DEADLY AND CHILL,
AND THEIR HEARTS BUT
AND FOR EVER GREW STILL!
- Some of the faces on screen seen during the voice tracing scenes are Barry, Nikolai Jakov, and Charles.
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Adam Reed as Ray Gillette
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger
Gallery of Images
There are 19 screenshots and images from "El Secuestro" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.