|Heart of Archness: Part II|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||September 22, 2011|
Archer tries to lead the island of pirates as their pirate king with the help of his first mate, Noah. Unfortunately, Archer's inability to effectively lead an island of pirates leads to a mutiny lead by Bucky. Archer, Noah and Rip Riley find themselves trying to survive while the mutinying pirates of Pangu Island. Meanwhile, Lana and Ray make their way to the island.
Trivia and Cultural ReferencesEdit
- Archer tells Noah at one point that his "three-fifths of an opinion" is noted. This is a reference to slaves in America formerly being counted as three-fifths of a person for census purposes prior to the 13th and 14th amendments' ending of slavery and extension of rights.
- The quote, "Missed it by that much" is a reference to Get Smart, whose protagonist, Maxwell Smart, said very often.
- Archer and Noah's exchange prior to his fight to defend his pirate kingship echoes a similar conversation in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:
- Butch Cassidy: [in a low voice] Maybe there's a way to make a profit in this. Bet on Logan.
- Sundance Kid: I would, but who'd bet on you?
- When Cyril is looking at the ISIS Account Balance you'll notice there is a category for both "Food and Beverage" as well as "Additional Beverage." This refers to the massive amounts of alcohol the staff drinks at ISIS.
- Best (nearly?) racist line:
- When Rip berates Archer for shooting the only radio on Pangu Island, Archer replies with, "all six, right in the ten ring." This is a reference to an identical line told by his mother in the season 1 finale, "Dial M for Mother".
- Pam: "Ah, c'mon! Clock your skinny ass out already, and let's go get outside some drinks!
- Cheryl: "Ugh! I can't. I have to cover her stupid phone in case some stupid pirates call with a stupid ransom demand for Mr. Stupid Archer!"
- Malory: "Carol? Carol! Have they called?"
- Cheryl: "NO... ma'am, but rest assured, I'll let you know the minute they do."
- Malory: "Rest? My god, who can rest?"
- Cheryl: "Not me, apparently."
- Malory: "How can you even think about happy hour at a time like this?" (takes a drink) "When probably as we speak, my poor Sterling is being tortured by pirates?"
- Cyril: "Heh-heh-heh, I wish."
- Malory: "WHAT?!"
- Cyril: "...wish you wouldn't say that."
- Archer: "That was insane! I never even heard of that position. Did the missionaries not swing by here, or--?
- Noah: "E-excuse me, Pirate King Archer?"
- Archer: "Noah, what?
- Noah: "Hi. Ready for the, uh, morning briefing?"
- Archer: "Noah, I'm half drunk and slathered in... every bodily fluid there is. So, yeah, this as about as pirate-kingy as I'm gonna get. Brief away."
- Noah: "Sir, pirates work for shares. And since you became a pirate king, there hasn't been any booty, so--"
- Archer: "I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, buddy."
- Noah: "From pirated ships."
- Archer: "Oh, I thought you meant from all the-"
- Noah: "Native girls, right, no."
- Archer: "Sorry, I don't know all the pirate terms yet."
- Noah: "Well, that's a common one."
- Archer: "I'm new! To all of this, all right?"
- Riley: "Archer! What a coincidence, I was just talkin' about ya."
- Archer: "Yeah, with who? Because that buck-toothed little shit doesn't even speak English!"
- Bucky: "I do little bit."
- Archer: "No, you don't."
- Bucky: "And correct syntax is 'with whom.'"
- Lana: "I mean, am I jealous because Archer gets preferential treatment? Yes. But, HA! Am I still attracted to him? I mean, come on..."
- Ray: "Is a pig's ass pork? I'm sorry, did you wanna hear what I think or just what you wanna hear? He asked, pretty sarcastically."
- Bucky: "If you so strong, melawan raja!"
- Archer: "What's melawan raja?"
- Noah: "Oh, king fight! If the king loses to a challenger in one-on-one combat, he has to step down. Or-or just be dead."
- Archer: "Since when?"
- Noah: "Oh, since nineteen-always."
- Malory: "Oh my... Carol! Somebody!
- Cheryl: "What?"
- Malory: "Sterling... I think... he's been shot!"
- Cheryl: "Oh, my god... So can I go home?"
- Noah: "Um, sorry, item one's actually the morale problem."
- Archer: "NOAH!"
- Riley: "More like potential mutiny."
- Noah: "Yeah, right? Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and change 'morale problem' to 'potential mutiny'--"
- Archer: "No, you're not! Because there is no mutiny, potential or otherwise."
- Bucky: "PEMBERONTAKAN!!"
- Archer: "So, is that Malay for--?"
- Noah: "Uh, 'mutiny', yes."
- Archer: "Yeah, yeah."
- Noah: "So I guess I should upgrade it from 'potential' to...?"
- Riley: "'Incipient?'"
- Noah: "Ooh, nice!"
- Archer: "No! Do not upgrade that mutiny! Noah, I will tell you when it's time to upgrade the damn..."
- (A grenade is hurled at their feet.)
- Archer: "...mutiny. Okay, so, what comes after 'incipient'?"
- Riley: "'In progress.'"
- Noah: "Nailed it!"
- (The grenade goes off.)
- Archer: "Noah, where the hell does this (ladder) go?"
- Noah: "I don't know, down?"
- Archer: "Wow, you're only a doctoral candidate?"
- Noah: "Hey, guy, my field's anthropology."
- Riley: "Heh heh! Good luck with the job hunt."
- Archer: "Right?"
- Noah: "Not that it's any of your business, but I plan to teach."
- Archer: "Anthropology?"
- Noah: "Wha--? Yes!
- Riley: "To anthropology majors?"
- Noah: "Hey, you know what?"
- Archer: "Thus completing the circle of 'Why bother?'"
- Malory: "But I may as well go home and rest. If they haven't escaped already, Lana will be there any time now, and she'll get them out. And it's not like I can do anything from here."
- Cheryl: "Exactly. So why do I have to stay?"
- Malory: "Because Lana may call, or because I said so. Pick one!"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 4 screenshots and images from "Heart of Archness: Part II" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.