|International Secret Intelligence Service|
|First appearance||Mole Hunt|
|Organization Type||Private Intelligence Agency|
|Activities||Contractual Covert Activities|
|Status||Closed ( By order of CIA )|
|Organization Head||Malory Archer|
Four-Five-Six Laundry ( Front )
|Location||New York City, New York|
ISIS Headquarters is located in New York City and operates above a wash & fold or as an urban legend experts say it; laundromat. Washing machines disguise the primary entrance, which is an elevator.
The security system at ISIS is depicted as weak. When Archer infiltrates the office during the night, he successfully enters the mainframe by using a registered voice of Cyril ("Mole Hunt"). The password "Guest" seems to be widely used to access the ISIS computers ("Mole Hunt," "Training Day").
ISIS was officially shut down by FBI in the episode "White Elephant" but is restored since the end of Archer Vice. Sadly, due to the events of "Drastic Voyage: Part II" this restoration was short-lived as the organization had been blacklisted by CIA, and those employed are unable to continue as spies. As a result, a few former ISIS employees, specifically Malory Archer and those close to her, formed a small detective agency, the Figgis Agency, with Cyril serving as CEO, due to him being the only one qualified.
ISIS Employees Edit
Mother of Sterling Archer
|Sterling Archer||Field Agent||Son of Malory Archer|
Something something DANGER ZONE!!!
Father of Abbiejean Kane-Archer
|Lana Kane||Field Agent||
Both Archer and Cyrils's love interest
|Cyril Figgis||Comptroller, Field Agent||Promoted in Season 3|
|Pamela "Pam" Poovey||Head of Human Resources, Field Agent||Promoted to field agent in Season 4|
|Ray Gillette||Field Agent, Field Analyst||Paralyzed in Season 3 and again in Season 4, regained ability to walk through bionic legs.|
|Cheryl Tunt||Secretary||Pyromaniac and masochist|
Extremely rich family
|Dr. Algernop Krieger||Head of ISIS Scientific Research||Possible genetic clone of Adolf Hitler|
has an affinity for bizarre science experiments
Possibly replaced by an identical clone
Former employees Edit
- Bilbo, computer/technical support, died after Malory slapped him so hard he went into cardiac arrest.
- Jane, nicknamed Scatterbrain Jane, job unknown, left following the agency's disestablishment.
- Rodney, the ISIS Armory Requisitions Officer, left following the agency's disestablishment and used the ISIS armory to become a successful arms dealer.
- Brett Bunsen, an office worker who was frequently shot, killed by the FBI in the raid on the ISIS office.
- Bryan, a prominent background character and member of the ISIS support staff, homeless following the agency's disestablishment.
- Chet, an intern who died working in Dr. Krieger's lab
- Conway Stern, a freelance agent who was actually infiltrating ISIS in order to steal the Whisper Drive and sell it to the Chinese, later revealed to have been working for the CIA since the beginning.
- Crenshaw, who was actually a mole for the KGB named Kremenski.
- Danny, an intern who died working in Dr. Krieger's lab.
- Hector Ruíz, an agent who died due to a cell phone malfunction.
- Mgumbe, an agent who died due to a cell phone malfunction.
- Pak, an agent who died due to a cell phone malfunction.
- Rip Riley, an agent who left ISIS to become a freelance manhunter.
- Lucas Troy, an agent who left ISIS for ODIN. He was later disavowed for stealing uranium to sell on the black market, then killed.
- According to Malory in Mole Hunt, there are 50 agents who would kill for Archer's position. None of these agents returned following the agency's re-establishment.
Unseen employees—ISIS Personnel FilesEdit
In "Mole Hunt," when Malory pulls up Archer's personnel file to investigate his expense account, a list of agents appears on the right side of the screen. Below is a list of ISIS employees who haven't been seen or identified throughout the course of the show, including:
Unseen employees—Pam's ISIS TontineEdit
In "The Double Deuce," Pam puts together a tontine for a bunch of the ISIS employees. A few of those employees haven't been seen or identified throughout the course of the show, including:
Unseen employees—ISIS 401(k) AccountsEdit
During "Jeu Monegasque," Cyril pulls up a list of the ISIS 401(k) accounts, at least one of the ISIS employees listed is dead, agent Hector Ruiz. Some of the other listed employees have never been identified or seen throughout the course of the show, including:
- In 2014 Adam Reed announced that the spy agency will be renamed in response to the uprising of the Islamic State of Iraq & Syria (also ISIS), a real life terrorist organization.
- The carpet of ISIS is often referred as being filthy by both ISIS and ODIN employees. "A Going Concern." This could be attributed to the fact that Malory had the cleaning staff killed after they unionized in "The Rock".
- GPS Coordinates for ISIS headquarters appear to be 33.806333, -84.344165 which is actually an address in Atlanta, Georgia were Archer was created, the studio has since moved to a building in Downtown Atlanta.
- ISIS, like ODIN, is the name of an ancient deity. Isis is an ancient Egyptian goddess. ISIS's name may also come from CSIS, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, or ISI, the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence.
- ISIS is also the name of a Sunni jihadist terrorist group in Iraq and Syria.
- ISIS is also the name of the hotel George Sr. escaped to in the 3rd episode of the second season in Arrested Development.
- Originally thought of as another US government intelligence agency, it is clear throughout the entire series that ISIS operates more as a private military/intelligence company that does multiple "contracts" for different world governments and multi-billion dollar companies, with the exception of the Soviet Union and its proxy states. It does seem to have strong ties to the U.S. government, though. In the episode "Coyote Lovely" after Archer helps a wanted criminal smuggle a load of illegal aliens into the country and then escape from the U.S. Border Patrol, one of the Border Patrol agents gets a call from his "boss' boss' boss" who informs him that Archer has total legal immunity for the incident. It was later discovered that ISIS was in fact never sanctioned by the US government and had always been in business outside the law, revealing Malory had been lying about the agency's authenticity from the beginning. At the end of Season 5, ISIS is re-established as a legal Spy agency, though it is now solely contracted to the CIA.
- In The Wind Cries Mary, Pam is angry when no one fills out their peer reviews, angrily stating that only "Ten people work in this whole goddamn chicken shit outfit." This is a reference to the fact so few employees are ever depicted as prominent characters. Following the FBI raid at the beginning of season 5 after ISIS was outed as an illegal agency, only the prominent characters of the show were still featured, with only one reported fatality of the raid (Brett). Despite the agency's re-establishment, the main characters are now genuinely the only characters working in the ISIS offices.
- With the exception of Cyril and Pam, all acting field agents and Malory have their own trademark weapons.
- One former ISIS employee is sleeping on the bus stop outside the Tunt Manor during Smugglers' Blues.
- Everyone in ISIS, with the exception of Cheryl/Carol, is fluent in at least one language other than English:
- Archer - Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Malory - Italian, French
- Lana - Italian, French
- Pam - Italian, Japanese
- Cyril - Spanish, German
- Krieger - Portuguese, German
- Ray - Latin