A sign posted on the door states that mainframe access is restricted to section heads only. This is true despite the fact that in later episodes the mainframe door is practically always open.
There are three countermeasure systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to the mainframe. They are supposed to make Fort Knox look like a gingerbread house. Though in actuality, it's not that useful.
- Pressure Sensitive Floor, which might just be a mousetrap
- Sound Sensitive, anything above a whisper sets it off
- Voice Activated Entrance, this state of the art technology allows only ISIS section heads. This can be tricked with a cell phone recording.
- In "Mole Hunt", Archer spends much of the episode attempting to gain access to the mainframe to deal with his operations account.
- In "Diversity Hire", Conway Stern sleeps with Cheryl Tunt in this room, shortly after Archer and Lana Kane have a conversation in it.
- In "Skorpio", the staff hang around in the room instead of doing their work, including Dr. Algernop Krieger building Fort Kickass until he burned the room down in response to the company screwing him on life insurance policy.
- In "A Going Concern", Lana and Barry get trapped in the mainframe's vault to prevent them from interfering with Archer's scheme to stop the ODIN sale.
- In "Tragical History", Malory Archer, Dr. Algernop Krieger, Lana and Archer fight Spelvin's Pirate Virus in this room, while also attempting to keep the ISIS agent list from being uploaded to an offsite server.
- In "Sitting", Archer is led at gunpoint into the room by Farooq, who forces him to install spyware into the CIA computer system.