|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||March 11, 2010|
Plot summary Edit
In Paris, Archer and Lana are pursuing Kasparov and corner him in an alley. While Archer gloats, Barry Dylan and ODIN swoop in and steal Kasparov. Barry extends an employment offer to Lana. However, due to a misunderstanding, Sterling believes the offer to be for him. Archer then takes a higher-paying job at ODIN, and Malory will stop at nothing to get him back.
In an attempt to sabotage Archer's usefulness to ODIN, she sends a burn notice for Archer to numerous intelligence agencies around the world via Telex. Lana later discredits this burn notice by sending another message via Telex that the burn notice was an ODIN black flag operation.
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Adam Reed as Ray Gillette
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- When Malory is in the bathroom clinging to the toilet, one can see a graffiti mark with the name "Pam".
- At the airport, Lana says to Cyril, "Baby, I'm putting you in a corner." This is a reference to the movie Dirty Dancing.
- The box containing all of Archer's personal effects as he leaves ISIS contains the following items: A plant, a string of condoms, his trademark ping-pong paddle, a lacrosse trophy and stick, a stapler, and office pens.
- The box containing all of Framboise' personal effects as she leaves ODIN contains the following items: Fluff handcuffs, a yo-yo, a toothbrush, condoms, lipstick, tampons, keys, a mug, and various papers.
- Arrested Development reference: Numerous parallels are made between Archer and Buster Bluth, including trips to boarding school, Malory discussing her son's childhood with Len (Jessica Walters and Jeffrey Tambor both played mother and father in Arrested Development), and many similar phrases (e.g. "You talk that way to your mother?!?")
- Judy Greer changes her accent to portray both the secretary at ODIN, and the secretary at ISIS. Her name, "Framboise", is French for the word "Raspberry"
- The elevator scene with Barry and Archer shows the floor numbers of the building at ODIN, including a 13th floor.
- The magazine Cyril is holding as he talks to Framboise is France Matin, with the headline Entrez le Zenit, French for Enter the Zenith.
- "Looks like Jonestown in here." Said by Pam when many characters are lying on the floor of Malory's office, in reference to the Jonestown massacre, a cyanide poisoning of over 900 members of the People's Temple Argricultural Project in Guyana in the 1970s.
- The phrase "Isis: All of our business comes from your referrals" can be seen on the bottom of the burn notice if paused as Len pulls it from the fax machine.
- The car Lana is driving in the last scene (and intentionally crashes) is a Ferrari 250 GTO, which has sold at auction for as much as (circa) US $50,000,000.00 (in 2013).
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 21 screenshots and images from "Job Offer" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: