|First appearance||"White Nights"|
|Voiced by||Ona Grauer|
|Eyes||Green (Red as a cyborg)|
Former KGB Agent|
Current KGB Head
|Skills||Sharp-shooting, advanced survival training, snow mobile racing|
Sterling Archer (ex-fiancé)|
Barry Dylan (soulmate)
Katya Kazanova is a former KGB agent, ISIS defector, and current head of the KGB, who saved Sterling Archer's life in "White Nights." She saves his life on one condition—that he bring her home to America with him. Archer agreed and brought her to meet his mother, Malory.
Upon reaching America, Katya came to ISIS in the hopes of defecting to the agency, however Lana and Malory were both suspicious of her actions. These suspicions only became more intense when Katya was seen talking to Doctor Krieger, who was apparently working on some kind of top secret cyborg program at the time.
Katya and Archer eventually fell in love, which was powerful enough to get Sterling to quit drinking—although not all at once—and commit to running away with Katya to Canada once she was falsely deemed to be a double agent.
It is later revealed that Katya was not an actual double agent and Archer, after a gunfight with the rest of the main ISIS cast, proposed to marry her with his grandmother's ring. During the ceremony on Sterling's patio, she fell to her death after saving Sterling from an attack by the now-cyborg Barry Dylan.
Katya reappears in the third season episode, "Skin Game", now revived as a cyborg herself. She attempts to get a job with ISIS and resumes her relationship with Archer, but soon their physical differences cause rifts in their relationship. Archer later looks past their differences and proposes to her again to which she agrees. During their second wedding, Barry appears again and fights Katya. During the ensuing fight Archer catches Katya and Barry having sex and is crushed. However he is able to overlook this for Katya's happiness. Katya then leaves with Barry. However, as the episode ends and Lana mentions how happy Katya looked, we see Katya on the bus with Barry showing clearly that she is not so happy, and is having doubts or regrets about her decision.
Katya's affection for Sterling ensured that Barry gave up his vendetta at least for a few months- Barry can be overheard cutting a transmission from her as he heads into space to fight Archer once again.
Several months after the ISA fiasco, Katya manipulated ISIS and Sterling into facilitating Barry's return outer space. She fools Archer into thinking that she has no knowledge of Barry's visit to the space station. Archer then attempts to sabotage her relationship by forging a tape that suggests that Barry is cheating on Katya. Though she sees through the ruse, Katya is disgusted upon realizing that Barry's trip into outer space was solely for the purpose of going after Archer. When she confronts Barry as he is en route home, he chides her by reminding her that he is in charge as the head of the KGB. It is then revealed (to the audience, at least) that Katya has in fact taken over the agency herself.
Several weeks later, Katya and Barry are revealed (to the audience) to be behind a disastrous diplomatic dinner at celebrity chef Lance Casteau's restaurant which completely destroyed US-Albanian relations and ruined ISIS's reputation further. Katya pitches Lance out of their helicopter when he outlives his usefulness, then silences Barry with a glare.
- Katya is actually a short form of the name Ekaterina, the Russian form of the English name Catherine.
- According to her KGB file, her dislikes are aristocrats, bourgeoise and capitalism.
- Her KGB file also indicates behavioral tics of licking lips, curling hair and eye fluttering.
- Katya was partially designed as the opposite of Lana Kane: She wears white thigh high boots, is loyal, committed and soft spoken, and succeeds at marrying Archer. Other aspects of the character are based on the Bond Girl Anya Amasova from The Spy Who Loved Me.
- The final scene with Katya and Barry on the bus is an homage to the ending scene of The Graduate
- She apparently witnessed a gay orgy involving the Party Chairman (who in theory, would have also been the Premier of the USSR) before her defection.
- Katya is younger than Archer, given that she was a KGB trainie when first learning of (and falling in love with) Archer (who was already an active agent).
Gallery of ImagesEditThere are 13 images of Katya Kazanova on this Wiki, visit the Katya Kazanova gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: