|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Voiced by||Aisha Tyler|
|Aliases||Truckasaurus, Monster Hands, Shirley Temper, Spray and Pray|
|Skills||Counter Sniper, Speaks French|
Cyril Figgis (ex-boyfriend)|
Sterling Archer (ex-boyfriend)
Joshua Gray (ex-boyfriend)
|“||I am literally wet with jealousy||”|
Lana Kane (voiced by Aisha Tyler) is a star agent at ISIS as well as Sterling's former girlfriend. Lana has aspirations for advancement as a master spy and has considered positions offered by ODIN, both at their international headquarters ("Job Offer") and as Regional Director for the Americas ("A Going Concern"). Lana is known to have very strong hands of Johnny Bench-ian proportions which are a source of constant ridicule by her coworkers.
Lana got her job as an ISIS agent during a protest at a local furrier. She was about to throw red paint on Malory Archer's new fur, when Malory pointed her gun at Lana's forehead. The rest of the protestors fled, including Joshua Gray, but Lana was not intimidated. Malory, impressed by her nerve, offered Lana a job. Three weeks later she was on her first mission in Tunisia "killing a different man," referencing that Malorys' first mission was in the same country.
Lana ended a long term relationship with Sterling, due mostly to his cheating on her. Although, his very demanding relationship with his mother did not help either. However it is shown that both Sterling and Lana have lingering feelings for each other and still care for each other, although they often bicker. In the episode "Stage Two," Archer thought he was going to die of breast cancer, he convinced Lana (out of pity) into a one night stand. During the affair, he appeared to want to tell Lana his true feelings, however, that was interrupted. In "Sea Tunt: Part II," Archer confeses to Lana he loves her.
Lana also dated ISIS comptroller Cyril Figgis for a time, to the mystification of her colleagues. That relationship ended when she walked in on him cheating on her with Framboise. Her relationship with Cyril may have been due to the fact that he was perceived as a more stable partner compared to her earlier relationship with Sterling (or subconsciously as a means to spite Archer). She quietly admitted was much more comfortable with him since his mother had "died in a fire." The two have some genuine chemistry and she eventually got back together with Cyril in "Viscous Coupling", only to break up once Lana announced her pregnancy.
Lana also has a strong desire to have a baby. In "Blood Test," she propositions both Sterling and Ray Gillette to have a child (albeit while drunk). In "The Honeymooners," while climbing a skyscraper, she seriously considered the notion of having a baby with Archer (partially to annoy him and partially because the two of them would produce a beautiful child), but quickly disregarded the idea and instead decided on Cyril. That decision was quickly overturned because of underlying trust issues between the two of them. In "Sea Tunt: Part II," Lana tells everyone she is pregnant and confirms Cyril is not the father, much to his chagrin. She later revealed that the father was a sperm donor, though no other characters are aware of this fact.
Despite Lana's undeniable good looks, she is also very insecure about her appearance when it's called into question. She brags about her shaven vulva in "Skytanic " and insists that her breasts haven't started to sag, even demanding that her collegues take notice of this in the middle of a firefight on a space station in "Space Race: Part II."
- She was formerly a radical environmentalist. - Pipeline Fever
- When she started at ISIS Lana had an afro, which is large enough for Joshua Gray to pull a joint and a pencil out of. Archer said made her look like the love child of Angela Davis and "Sweet" Lou Dunbar.
- She has $420,675 in her ISIS 401(k) - "Jeu Monégasque"
- Lana's sidearm of choice is a fully automatic TEC-9, of which she carries two (they appear nickel plated in Double Trouble when she, Malory, and Ray engage in a shootout at Archer's flat in attempt to capture Katya, whom they believe is a double agent).
- Often uses the word "Yup!" with a hearty, back-of-the-throat emphasis on the "u", and "Nope!" with a similar emphasis on the "o."
- She is often seen drinking bottled orange soda from the ISIS vending machines which she can open without a bottle opener - and they aren't twist offs (Drift Problem).
- Fantasized about Alex Karras while having pity sex with Pam in the episode Dial M for Mother
- Her blood type is A-negative.
- Lana's name is a play on Lanacane (a trade name of benzocaine), a brand of itch-reliever.
- Archer is the reason for her getting crabs twice (Heart of Archness: Part II)
- Her aim is reported as not having been very good during her ISIS training, earning her the nickname "Spray and Pray" (The Wind Cries Mary). However it appears to have since improved since she is a certified counter sniper and can make cursive 'L's on targets (Movie Star)
- Lana appears to have given up drinking since becoming pregnant.
- "What the shit?"
- "Hey, Jane. You gettin’ a tampon?"
- "So don't speak to me, Ever! And while you're not speaking to me, jump up your own ass and die!" (To Archer in Mole Hunt)
- "Or ass level, which in your case would also take off your head." (To Cyril El Contador)
- "Thanks, no I'm allergic to cat piss…go away."(To Uta Killing Utne)
- "It might sound like I'm hanging up but........"
- "They look exactly nothing alike." (On Archer's confusion of smoke grenades and deadlier explosives in "Placebo Effect")
Gallery of ImagesEditThere are 69 images of Lana Kane on this Wiki, visit the Lana Kane gallery to view all the images and screenshots. Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: