|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||January 31, 2013|
Ray awakes to another frustrating morning as a paraplegic. After arriving at work, he finds his handicapped parking place stolen by Archer, "The other shit-bag in his life" (the first being his colostomy bag). An elevator malfunction forces him to use a manual, arm cranked lift. When he finally gets to ISIS, sweating and late, he finds out he's being passed over for a mission to Rome that he planned. Krieger, witnessing Ray's peaking frustration, pitches a plan to Ray to give him bionic legs. Ray initially objects to the plan out of concern for his safety and for moral reasons, but ultimately relents when Krieger reveals he can cure his paraplegic impotency by proxy.
Archer finds out about this plan while gearing up in the armory from Cheryl, and his deep-seated fear of robots flares up. He relentlessly pursues to stop the operation, at first attempting to shoot down the bullet-proof door to Krieger's operation room, in which Krieger and a less-than-sober Pam haphazardly drill away at Ray's body while drinking Red Beer.
Archer then tricks Malory into authorizing the withdrawal of an RPG for the upcoming Rome mission. After Rodney hands the RPG to Archer, he receives word on the phone from Lana that Archer was embezzeling the RPG and he engages the blast-proof door. Archer makes an unsuccessful attempt to blast his way through it, again rupturing his, as well as Cheryl's eardrums in the process and leaving the armory a wreck, much to the alarm of everyone else in the office at the sound of the explosion.
After regaining his bearings, Archer exits the armory via the vents with the assistance of a grapple gun, determined to "save the human race". Lana, Cheryl and Cyril decide to smoke Archer out by turning the thermostat to its maximum. Archer, now crawling nude through the vents, passes out from the heat and is left unattended and unfound for the following weekend.
The following Monday during a team meeting, the operation appears a complete success, seeing Ray literally back on his feet, much to Malory's disregard. Just as Malory complains about the now-overloaded thermostat, Archer drops through the roof in a nude, sweaty heap, and manages a cyborg joke at Cyril's expense before passing out again, looking just like the eventual outcome of the ill-fated "Fourth of Ju-Luau" holiday the office had had earlier, "if you slid pig under him."
- The opening scene, where Ray repeats "good morning...", is an allusion to Margaret Wise Brown's children's story Goodnight Moon.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Krieger had previously made a cyborg arm for Conway Stern.
- Archer says when he gets to Rome he is going to buy ten pairs of shoes, following up with "Ciao, bella, ho scarpe nuove" which in Italian means "Hey beautiful, I have new shoes."
- In a later Season 4 episode, The Papal Chase, Archer is called out twice for his poor/complete lack of Italian speaking skills
- Vanadium, a metal Kreiger says he will use for Ray's endoskeleton, is toxic to humans.
- The music that plays during the fast forward scene change while Archer is in the air ducts is Movement 3: Allegro from "Winter" (Concerto No. 4 in F minor, Op. 8, RV 297, "L'inverno") in The Four Seasons by Vivaldi. At the 7:30 mark, Vivaldi's "Spring" from the same concerto is playing in the background as Krieger begins his surgery on Ray's back.
- Krieger mentions that the bullet-proof door to his lab was salvaged from the German pocket battleship the Admiral Graf Spee.
- When discussing the intelligence of cyborgs, Cheryl exclaims that they "gotta be pretty smart to fool the old Voight-Kampff machine." This is a reference to a device that detects genetically engineered organic robots called replicants, from the movie & book, Blade Runner.
- The front page of The Paper, that Ron is reading, has a story titled "Tragedy Feared On Space Station" and a picture of the the Horizon from The Space Race. The article could be in reference to all the people stranded there and/or the fact that Barry is murdering them all over time.
- The front page of The Paper also features a story titled "Motorcycle Gangs Causing Trouble in Upstate New York", foreshadowing the gang Archer and Ron encounter in the following episode, "Midnight Ron".
- When investigating the bullet that strikes Brett for the seventh time, Archer calls it a "magic bullet" and references the Warren Commission, which investigated the assassination of JFK.
- After Archer uses the rocket launcher in the armory, Cheryl is heard referencing Skynet from the Terminator series.
- The Elevator repairman, who tells Ray it's broken, is Mr Ford from Frisky Dingo, continuing his running of doing every jobs.
- In the final scene, Archer says: "Your clothes, give them to me." This is a reference to the Terminator movie franchise, and Archer also mimics Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice.
- In the commercial for the Season 4 DVD set, the scene where Krieger begins the surgery on Ray was censored due to Ray being naked. Instead, Ray is wearing a pair of dark gray briefs.
- Ray: "The elevator's broken?"
- Mr. Ford: "Huh?"
- Ray: "The elevator's broken?"
- Mr. Ford: "Huh?"
- Ray: "The elevator?"
- Mr. Ford: "......Huh?"
- Ray: "THE ELEVATOR!"
- Mr. Ford: "Out o' order."
- Ray: "I can see that!"
- Mr. Ford: "Then why the Hell'd you ask?"
- Rodney: "One RPG-7 launcher and two grenade as per the note from your mother."
- Archer: "Thank you...I'm sorry, what was your name again?
- Rodney: "Rodney."
- Archer: "Thank you, asshole."
- Archer: "What do you think you're doing?!"
- Rodney: "What do you think you're doing? Obtaining company matériel under false pretenses is a fireable offense."
- Archer: "I basically just lurch from one fireable offense to the next."
- Cheryl: "Yeah, like the infamous luau incident."
- Archer: "Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to apologize for that?"
- Cheryl: "Once would be nice!"
- Krieger: "We're almost done here, if someone can find their last beer!"
- Pam: "I can promise it ain't my last."
- Archer: "The thermostat has become sentient! Oh God, that's how Maximum Overdrive started!"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 4 screenshots and images from "Legs" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.