"Liquid Lunch" is the eighth episode of Season 7 and the eighty-third episode overall. It originally aired on May 19, 2016.
Sterling and Slater cause a rift between Sterling and Lana.
To be added.
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger
- Bea Benaderet: To rile Slater, Archer mistakes the plot of The Manchurian Candidate for On The Town, then rants about this mid-20th-century film and voice actress.
- Project MKUltra: Slater's asset is a product of this, the CIA's scandal of mind-control experiments during the Cold War.
- CIA Director Allen Dulles and U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles: Malory says, "Trust me, if there's a hell those creepy Dulles brothers are in it doing unspeakable things with bananas." Both were instrumental during the Eisenhower administration and both supported the 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état.
- Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling: Krieger's one-man play references this semi-autobiographical film by Richard Pryor.
- Waterboarding: This controversial form of torture, which has been used by the CIA in its "War on Terror", is something Archer has not experienced until now. He has however actually drowned, a fact that amuses him in spite of discovering how painful waterboarding really is.
- The Art of Shaving : During the short flashback before Archer is waterboarded, when he is sitting in a barber's chair, he tells the barber, "I also think I want the lavender, instead of the sandalwood." This is a reference to a particular brand of high-end shaving equipment, whose two main popular scents (of the five they produce, one of which is "unscented") are lavender and sandalwood (see the drop-down at left, under "Collections"). This is not the first time Archer has referenced this brand, either: in "Double Deuce" (S02E05), Archer was seen shaving; the brush he had used to apply shaving cream to his face was on the sink below. When the wee baby Seamus tried to eat the brush, Archer told him it was made of "silvertip badger [hair]," the exact material used in the top-of-the-line shaving brushes made by the same company .
- The Giggling Sadist: Cheryl is seen smiling when Pam tells her that there is a mouse caught in a mouse trap that is still alive.
- When a hypnotized Pam and Cheryl call for Cyril, he is shown using the search engine, 10100 Search. 10100 is typically referred to as "googol", which makes reference to the popular search engine, Google.
- In that same scene, another tab can be seen open on his browser. It says "PIRATE VIRUS REMOV..." which is a clear reference to Spelvin's Pirate Virus from the episode "Tragical History."
- Multiple: "Why? Shut up! Why?"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
- "Liquid Lunch" on IMDB