Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The .45 caliber M1911A1 pistol is a commonly used handgun in Archer Season 2. It has a muzzle velocity of 251 meters/sec with a 7 round magazine plus one in the chamber. This weapon used to be standard issue by the U.S. military but has since been replaced by the Beretta M9. The 1911 comes with a variety of accessories and in a number of options. The ones that appear in the show usually have a nickel finish. Despite being initially developed in 1911 by John Browning in the US, the weapon remains in common usage throughout the world due to its iconic shape, rugged simplicity, reliability, and lethality.
- In "Pipeline Fever," Joshua Gray has one when he catches up with Sterling Archer and Lana Kane.
- In "Stage Two," Doctor Krieger uses one to put down his failed experiment, "Pigley".
- In "Placebo Effect," as an homage to Magnum P.I., Archer uses one to kill the Irish Mob boss Franny Delaney.
- In "El Secuestro," Lana provides one to Cyril Figgis in order to help protect ISIS headquarters.
- In "Double Trouble," Ray Gillette reveals the M1911 as his preferred weapon of choice. He brandishes two custom, bright nickel plated M1911s with Pearl grips. They are both engraved; one of them says Liza, and the other, Barbra.