|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Voiced by||Jessica Walter|
|Hair||Black (Grey with age)|
|Occupation||Head of ISIS|
Sterling Archer (son)Bub (mother)
Nikolai Jakov (ex-boyfriend)|
Len Trexler (ex-boyfriend)
Trudy Beekman (rival)
Buddy Rich (ex-boyfriend)
Burt Reynolds (ex-boyfriend)
Ron Cadillac (husband)
|@Archer_Malory on Twitter|
|“||That's how you get ants!||”|
Malory Archer is the Chief Executive Officer of ISIS. Malory governs her employees with harsh criticism, raw commentary and belligerent vilification and almost always with a drink in one hand. Malory is Sterling's mother.
As a young woman, Malory pursued an acting career before being recruited as a spy by Wild Bill Donovan of the OSS. Her first mission was to kill a German man in Tunisia.
Malory was usually an unavailable working mother when her son was growing up (spending one Christmas in Iran for Operation Ajax). She is still unsure about who Sterling's father is (though it is probabaly the unnamed Italian activist she describes in the episode Lo Scandalo), there are a few other "possibles in the mix" the three she names initially are: Major Nikolai Jakov (head of the KGB with whom she has appeared in a sex tape), Len Trexler (head of rival organization, ODIN), and famous jazz drummer, Buddy Rich. Malory gave birth to Sterling in Reggie's Bar in Tangier, Morocco, an establishment which was, at that point, owned and operated by Woodhouse.
In Skorpio, she shows a definite tendency to micro-manage her agents. During her entire vacation, she observes Lana and Sterling carry out their mission to take out Spirodon Skorpio. She watches the entire operation unfold nearby, from the deck of the Chum Guzzler, a small boat rented by Nikolai Jakov.
Malory has recently shown an interest in returning to acting, by collaborating with Cyril on a script in which she would play the lead character, a spymaster based on her.
Her description of her son in Jeu Monegasque as a "vain, selfish, lying, and quite possibly alcoholic man-whore" works equally well for her. She is definitely elitist, and possibly racist (calling a black conductor George in The Limited, and hating the Irish for "not being on our side in WWII" in Lo Scandalo)
She is also very self-righteous, in Skytanic, she went to lengths to fake a bomb threat, in order to get a room on the rigid airship, simply because her neighbor/rival was bragging about her suite. In the episode A Going Concern, it is revealed that she lost all her money in a Ponzi scheme. She faked another phony case of emergency in Live and Let Dine, this time against the senator of Albania, but again, this came to fruition. Because she simply couldn't book a reservation at 16.
She was also absent most of Sterling's life. Most notably letting Woodhouse raise him the first five years of his life and suddenly showing up with gifts, even leaving him at a police station on Christmas Eve, she forced him to take up lacrosse, in hopes that he would make more friends, and when ever he misbehaved, she would spank him with a wooden spoon. She donated money to a college, who later faked a 21 guns for Malory and Archer, but the college went on to win a trophy later that year, so she believed that it was still a noble thing to do.
Malory has had a sexual relationship with many people including
- Major Nikolai Jakov
- Len Trexler
- Buddy Rich
- Rip Riley
- Savio Mascalzoni
- Franny Delaney
- Cyril Figgis - "Movie Star"
- Pam Poovey - "Swiss Miss"
- Conrad Schlotz - "Swiss Miss"
- Burt Reynolds
- Ron Cadillac
Operations and AssociationsEdit
Malory has been part of a number of covert operations in her lifetime as well as having associations with a number of historical figures in that world. Some of the ones mentioned thus far are:
- She was recruited into the OSS by "Wild Bill" Donovan.
- Operation Gladio, where she met Mascalzoni.
- Operation AJAX, where she may have had a relationship with the agent tasked with leading the operation, Kermit Roosevelt, Jr.. She refers to him in a telegram to Archer (sent in lieu of being present for Christmas that year) as "Uncle Kermit," a common convention for single mothers to refer to their boyfriends when talking with their children. She had also referred to Buddy Rich as "Uncle Buddy." 
- Operation PBSUCCESS, for which she missed Archer's sixth birthday.
- "Well, people in Hell want ice water."- A Going Concern
- "Now it's all Sterling this and ribbons that!"- Response to Archer's positive breast cancer diagnosis, Stage Two
- "If I cared what you did on a weekend I'd put a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes." - Stage Two
- "Do you want ants? Because THAT'S how you get ants." - Mole Hunt
- "My god! What shade is this, crackwhore red?!"- The Rock
- "Who is it? what do you want? Because all you're gonna get are holes! Not my holes I mean holes in you!"- Dial M For Mother
- "Immigrants! That's how they do, you know. Just drive around listening to raps and shooting all the jobs." - Training Day
- "Both of you, imagine shutting up!" - Diversity Hire
- "And I don't want another one of your sullen whores using my medicine cabinet like a... a Pez dispenser!" - Killing Utne
- "Now, then. We want this to look like a classic hooker/murder/suicide. Cyril, take Sterling's gun and pump a round into this prostitute." - Killing Utne
- "Oh, but I will. And I'll get to see Trudy Beekman try to explain this little barbecue to the co-op board!" - Killing Utne
- "Oh, shut up. I bet you're barren." - Job Offer
- "Yes, Pam, get me some poison, because I am already dead inside." - Job Offer
- "And are you going to loom over me all day, like some sort of… henge?" - Job Offer
- "Yes I was a single mother, and it's a big dangerous world out there…are you idiots still here?"-Training Day
- "Do you mind? I'm trying to parent! (Fires gun five times) That was for Pearl Harbor!"-Drift Problem
- "And I think I just had a flashback so...these antihistamines are inSANE!"-Training Day
- "Keep her out of the medicine cabinet, one more dead body in here and that bitch Trudy Beekman will have me right back in front of the co-op board!"-Killing Utne
- "But if did want a grandchild i'd just scrape all your previous mishaps into a big pile and knit a onesie for it."-Skorpio
- "Now remember I want the entire data system on those new servers or I will just make it rain pink slips."-Skorpio
- "Oh, like you'd recognize a vegatable that wasn't wrapped in a monte cristo sandwich. ( Pam- What's that supposed to mean?)...That is Pam isn't it?"-Training Day
- "Pfft! Security Deposit! What was it a pair of flip flops?"-Skorpio
- "Oh congratulations you beat up a nazi, a nerd, and queen of the robots."
- Had a dog named Duchess, which is the reason why Sterling's codename is "Duchess"
- Allergic to zucchini
- Malory holds an open dislike for ISIS operative Ray Gillette, for reasons yet to be explained. Her animosity may stem from Ray's homosexuality, often referring to him as "Miss Gillette", and goes as far as refusing to negotiate a ransom for his release from Malaysian pirates, while planning to pay for everybody else.
- She is the only member of ISIS to regularly carry a revolver. In a flashback she tells Lana Kane, "This is a .44 magnum." It is equipped with both optical and laser sights, and does not need to be cocked after every round (Dial M for Mother) in the context of the show.
- She has $2,302,725 in her ISIS 401(k). (The Largest amount of anyone at ISIS) - "Jeu Monégasque"
- She does not have a photo with both her and Sterling in it - "Placebo Effect", largely due to her near-total absence in her son's upbringing.
- She is currently writing her memoirs Secrets and Silk: The Malory Archer Story
- Malory believes in negative reinforcement, largely contributing to Sterling's difficult childhood and her mistreatment of ISIS staff.
- She has slept with Pam Poovey by way of a threesome while under the influence of "Green Russians".
- Seems to have a fetish for muscular black men, as seen with her infatuation with Conway Stern (Diversity Hire), and her rewriting of the Disavowed script into a love story between her and a "coal-black" spy named Cassius (Movie Star)
- Jessica Walter also played Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development. Lucille was the drunk matriarch of the family sort of like Malory Archer and her business. Malory's relationship with Len could be a possible reference to her on Arrested Development, for on the show, her husband George Bluth was portrayed by Jeffery Tambor and he voices Len.
- Malory is likely inspired by Female M from the James Bond movies Goldeneye and all onwards, and the stern, pseudo-maternal relationship that she and James Bond shared. The title of the episode "Dial M for Mother" could be a pun for this.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 51 images of Malory Archer on this Wiki, visit the Malory Archer gallery to view all the images and screenshots.
Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: