|Original Air Date||February 17, 2011|
Adam Reed (Teleplay)|
|Animation Directed by||Bryan Fordney|
|U.S. Viewership (Millions)||0.985 |
|Next||The Double Deuce|
- "I've waited my entire life to say this exact phrase: I'm commandeering this airboat!"
- —Sterling Archer[src]
Archer and Lana travel to the bayou to stop an eco-terrorist out to destroy a pipeline. Plot En route to New Orleans in first-class section of a passenger jet, Archer loudly enjoys several Hurricanes and the prospect of a vacation in the Big Easy. Lana reminds him that they are in fact going to Louisiana on a mission to stop an eco-terrorist from blowing up America's largest natural gas pipeline. Archer says he's "not too worried about some drum-circling hippie tree-hugger," prompting Lana to remind him that plenty of dangerous people, including herself, care very much about the environment. Archer turns the conversation to the works of his idol Burt Reynolds, showing Lana the pistol he "borrowed" from Woodhouse to imitate Jerry Reed's character in Gator. Archer is then caught by a sky marshall, and in the process of explaining himself reveals his and Lana's identities and mission to the very eco-terrorist they are attempting to stop.
In their hotel room, Lana gets further mission details from an employee of AmPetCo, owners of the natural gas pipeline. The pipeline runs through thick swamp with a single aboveground access point. Lana is increasingly frustrated by the AmPetCo employee's prioritization of AmPetCo's profit margin over the delicate ecosystem that would be ruined by an exploding natural gas pipeline. Later, at Remy's Bayou Airboats, Archer and Lana discover that the only airboat there is reserved. Archer achieves a lifelong dream by commandeering the airboat, and they set out to the pipeline's access point. In his enthusiasm, Archer blows the airboat engine, and they are forced to drag the boat to the pipeline.
Lana injures her hands reaching into a cooler full of what Archer forgets to tell her is dry ice, and then shares the story of her first meeting with Malory, while she was picketing a fur store Malory was in. Archer angers an alligator while trying to shoot a fish with a compound bow. In the process of fighting it off, Archer shoots a hole in the bottom of the airboat, sinking it and causing their gear bag to float away. They arrive at the pipeline with only two shotgun shells and a cooler full of beer and dry ice. Archer reveals his three biggest fears (alligators, crocodiles, and brain aneurisms) and jerry-rigs an explosive from dry ice and water. When the eco-terrorist finally arrives, he is revealed to be Lana's former environmental policy T.A. and lover, Joshua Gray. He decides not to blow up the pipeline and invites Lana out for dinner and jazz. Lana leaves with him, stranding Archer alone on the pipeline platform with an angry alligator circling.
Meanwhile, Malory tries to save money by going green at the ISIS office, in order to qualify for federal tax credits. This includes replacing incandescent lightbulbs with flourescent, installing low-flow toilets, and recycling batteries. This causes various problems, particularly the new toilets, and in the process Pam is informed that there is in fact a women's bathroom at ISIS. Malory, Cheryl, and presumably the other women of ISIS had kept the women's bathroom a secret from Pam, because of her tendency to make a mess. Pam starts using the women's restroom, which prompts Malory to reverse all the green options and tell the staff to throw all the low-flow toilets on the curb. Unfortunately, the reversal comes too late for Krieger , who has lost several of his cloning projects due to the reduction of power to his lab.
- Starring :
- Co Starring :
- Archer is “Pretty sure the guy who played Tonto was a Jew.” Jay Silverheels, the stage name of Harold Preston Smith, who played Tonto, was a Mohawk. This is Archer confusing the actor who played Tonto with another actor, Iron Eyes Cody, who was familiar in the 1970’s as “The Crying Indian” for his role in a Keep America Beautiful advertising campaign. Cody was actually an Italian who falsely claimed to be native.
- In this episode, Pam purportedly finds out about the women's restroom. However, in Job Offer, Pam's graffiti tag can be seen on the cubicle wall while Malory is throwing up in the ladies' room.
- Archer says he has earned himself a kebab, probably referencing Nikolai Jakov making kebabs in the Skorpio episode.
- The scene in Krieger's lab refers to a scene in "Alien: Resurrection" where the camera pans over the failed clones of Ellen Ripley.
- The outfit worn by Archer in the swamp as well as the bow used by him are references to Burt Reynolds' outfit and bow from Deliverance. Archer's "double chuckle", heard just before the start of the main credits, is also something that Burt Reynolds is known for doing in many of his movies and public appearances.
- The Alligator leaping onto the airboat in hopes of attacking and devouring Archer and Lana is a reference to a famous scene in Jaws.
- The owner of Bayou Airboat Rentals has two dogs name Old Dan and Annie, the same as the two hounds in Where the Red Fern Grows.
- The sawn-off shotgun carried by Archer is a reference to Bama McCall, actor Jerry Reed's corrupt character in the movie Gator.
- The African Queen stars Katharine Hepburn, not Audrey Hepburn as Archer repeatedly states.
- Archer is drinking Hurricanes on the plane to New Orleans, one of the city's signature drinks.
- Archer reveals to Lana his three biggest fears: Alligators, Crocodiles, and Brain Aneurysms.
- On the plane, Archer informs Lana that he is wearing a Hermès tie.
- In the opening scene, Buenos Aires is misspelled "Buenos Aries" on the yellow sticky note.
- Lana: "But do you really think the ends justify the means?"
- Joshua Gray: "Yes. Because this is a war. And victory will only come when Americans stop destroying the earth just so they can drive bigger cars, build bigger houses, and eat bigger food."
- Lana: "So like....never?"
- Joshua Gray: "Yeah. Oh my god, that's depressing."
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 14 screenshots and images from "Pipeline Fever" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
Here is a sample of four images from the gallery:
External Links Edit
- "Pipeline Fever" on IMDB
Reference List Edit