|First appearance||Fugue and Riffs|
Car thief (former)Chop shop Owner (former)
Malory Archer (wife)|
Sterling Archer (step-son)
Abbiejean Kane-Archer (step-granddaughter)
Ron Cadillac is Malory Archer's new husband introduced in the season 4 premiere Fugue and Riffs. He owns six Cadillac dealerships and has a strained relationship with his new stepson Sterling. The marriage causes Sterling to believe he is Bob from Bob's Burgers.
Ron's known origins go back to the later 30's and early 40's where he and his "crew" stole cars for chop shop owners. His crew consisted of his closest friends, Tony, Donnie, Joey, and "Fat Mike." After Ron's revelations on how to make more money he and his crew opened up their own chop shops which became very successful, until the police found out and arrested all of Ron's crew but him, as he was procuring meatball subs at the time. They were sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Afterward he changed his name to Ron Cadillac (from Ron Kazinsky) and used his ill-gotten gains to start his chain of Cadillac dealerships. He has since tried to get money to the families of his former crew, although he had consistently been hijacked on his runs until Archer helped him in "Midnight Ron."
He was first introduced in, Fugue and Riffs. In the episode, Archer suffers from drug-induced amnesia. At the end of the episode, it reveals that shortly after Malory married Ron, Sterling ran off, stealing their limo. For the following months after the wedding, he assumed the role of Bob Belcher, (a crossover to Bob's Burgers, in which H. Jon Benjaimin, the voice actor of both characters, appears).
In Legs it was shown that Ron is either racist or dumb, as he says, "Reminds me of the head mechanic at my dealership in Yonkers, he's a black!"
In season 5, Tadashi from the Yakuza shoots Ron in the stomach, through a window that Archer broke when they stole drugs from Moto, in A Debt of Honor. He was then taken to the hospital by Cyril, and Pam, with Cheryl leading the way. In House Call, Malory mutters Len Trexler's name which causes Ron to have doubts about their relationship, and causing Ron to leave Malory, taking with him control of her apartment that she had put under his name so that the feds wouldn't seize all her assets.
In On the Carpet Malory announced to everyone that Ron and her decided to try to work things out, and that they were going to marriage counseling, and also that they would have an open relationship.
Ron comes off as a sweet guy, while this is his strength, it comes off as a weakness at most points. All though his past is shakily sketched, he is soon to be caught up in his age. But, this doesn't mean he will not manage a few surprises with his, stepson. Ron's patience finally begins to waver during season 5, after ISIS is disbanded and the cast attempts to carve out a new life for themselves as cocaine dealers. Following the trauma of being shot and his continued frustration with Malory's unfaithfulness, he leaves her.
- "Fat Mike" is a callback to "Frisky Dingo" (another Adam Reed show) wherein it is the name of two Xtacles (one became "the new Fat Mike" after the first was killed.
- He apparently has a habit of keeping jelly and saltines (and possibly a juice box) in his suit pockets in case he gets hungry later. Probably, based on the packaging, the jelly and saltines are from what is handed out for free at restaurants. The noise he made trying to open the saltines got him and Malory kicked out of the opera.
- He is opening a new dealership, his 7th, in White Plains. ("Legs"). Although he says his is the biggest dealership chain in the entire tri-state area, all of the dealerships revealed thus far are in New York. He has one in Yonkers ("Legs") one in Schenectady ("Midnight Ron"), and one in Catskill ("Midnight Ron").
- Ron has been shot once by the Yakuza.
- Ron's last name, "Kazinsky", is a reference to the 1978 television show KAZ , in which Ron Leibman, the voice actor for Ron Cadillac, won an Emmy for Lead Actor in a Drama in 1979.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 5 images of Ron Cadillac on this Wiki, visit the Ron Cadillac gallery to view all the images and screenshots.