Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original channel run||FX|
January 27, 2011 –|
April 21, 2011
|Home video release|
|DVD||December 27, 2011|
The second season of Archer consisted of 13 episodes and commenced airing on January 27, 2011 with the season finale aired on April 21, 2011.
|"Swiss Miss"||January 27, 2011||1||11|
|In yet another attempt to secure funding for ISIS, Malory drags her agents to the luxury winter resort town of Gstaad to protect a German billionaire's daughter from a kidnapping threat. But Archer soon finds out the real threat is his protectee: an underage nymphomaniac who will stop at nothing to bed the world's greatest spy.|
|"A Going Concern"||February 3, 2011||2||12|
|After Malory is wiped out in a Ponzi scheme, she hatches a scheme of her own: selling ISIS - lock, stock and snack machines - to archrival spy agency ODIN. Archer and the rest of the ISIS employees, rightfully fearing for their jobs, must use every trick in the book (ISIS Field Manual, 3rd Edition) to try to stop the sale.|
|"Blood Test"||February 10, 2011||3||13|
|Trinette tries to accuse Archer as to being the father of her baby son, Seamus. Archer tries as much as he can to get out of paying child support if the paternity test passes, but begins growing a bond with the child.|
|"Pipeline Fever"||February 17, 2011||4||14|
|While Malory tries to make ISIS a green workplace, Archer and Lana head to the Louisiana bayous to prevent a dangerous eco-terrorist from bombing America's largest natural gas pipeline.|
|"The Double Deuce"||February 24, 2011||5||15|
|Secrets of Woodhouse's past make him the seeming target of an assassin. Archer gets mildly concerned about it.|
|"Tragical History"||March 3, 2011||6||16|
|Tired of his colleagues constantly calling him a failure, Cyril agrees to help George Spelvin, a mysterious computer security expert, inject a pirate virus into the ISIS mainframe so Cyril can defeat the virus and be seen as a hero.|
|"Movie Star"||March 10, 2011||7||17|
|As research for an upcoming role, Hollywood starlet Rona Thorne shadows Lana, and Archer can not help but to compete for the movie star's attention.|
|"Stage Two"||March 17, 2011||8||18|
|Archer finds out after a test that he has stage two breast cancer.|
|"Placebo Effect"||March 24, 2011||9||19|
|When Archer discovers that the pills he has been taking for his breast cancer are counterfeit, he goes on a hunt to destroy the criminals who did this to him.|
|"El Secuestro"||March 31, 2011||10||20|
|Pam gets kidnapped when she is mistaken for Cheryl by bandits who are after her wealth.|
|"Jeu Monégasque"||April 7, 2011||11||21|
|Malory brings Archer, Ray, and Lana to Monaco when she tries to stop one of her sex tapes from being released. Archer loses all of the blackmail money by gambling and has to get it back.|
|"White Nights"||April 14, 2011||12||22|
|Archer searches for his father's identity behind the Iron Curtain, where he falls in love and runs into trouble, requiring the rescue efforts of ODIN agent Barry Dylan.|
|"Double Trouble"||April 21, 2011||13||23|
|Suspicion and jealousy arise at ISIS as Doctor Krieger works to finish a top-secret project, and Archer brings a mysterious former KGB agent named Katya Kazanova home to meet Malory.|
- The opening Title Sequence was changed to include Amber Nash beginning with the first episode "Swiss Miss".
- Some other changes were noticed by fans of the show. One of the most notable being Archer's skills as the "world's most dangerous spy." In Season 1, his skills as a spy were not showcased very often, so many fans believed he lacked many of the skills. This was proven otherwise with this season's first episode, "Swiss Miss." Here Archer had many opportunities to show that he was a fairly capable field agent.
- This season increased the show's focus on the Archer supporting cast. This included adding more frequent appearances by the character of Ray Gillette. Instead of being chained to the ISIS control room, he has now been able to get out and about as an ISIS field agent. Also, details about the backstories of Pam, Cheryl and Doctor Krieger were revealed.
- Furthermore, this season saw the addition of numerous two-part episodes. These were episodes in which the broad story was told over two episodes. They didn't follow the traditional television model of adding a "to be continued" tag at the end, but they did end "Stage Two" and "White Nights" on somewhat dramatic cliffhangers.
- On a side note, every episode of the second season starts with a character's face at least partially obscured by the TV rating box in the upper left corner of the screen. This was done on purpose by the creator as a protest to a previous accidental incident in which they refused to move the box.