|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||February 11, 2010|
Plot summary Edit
Archer must rescue Lana from the clutches of Skorpio, the infamous arms dealer. Meanwhile, Cyril fears not only for his girlfriend's life, but her succumbing to the seductive nature of Archer's heroics. All the while Malory is on a date with Jakov while keeping an eye on Archer, Lana, and Skorpio aboard the Argo.
SynopsisEditMalory has given Lana the mission of assassinating the arms dealer Spirodon Skorpio, while at the same time she has a secret conference with Nikolai Jakov. In the meantime at ISIS, the staff is charged with moving data systems onto the new servers, but instead they goof around and get stoned on MSG. On the boat, Malory and Jakov remember their time together when they were in their prime, causing Jakov to ask about the period she disappeared. However, Malory see's Lana taken away by Skorpio, and calls Archer to rescue her.
Archer arrives at the boat, and submerges into the water to sneak in. With some incitement from Cheryl (stating Archer and Lana could be having sex right now), an already anxious Cyril calls Archer. Archer can't talk right now due to fighting against some henchmen. Archer manages to kill them, after getting wounded, and climbs up the side of the boat only to see Lana relaxing on deck. Lana admits she wants to be on-board for awhile since she feels smothered by Cyril, and Archer decides to stay on board, posing as the Chocolate Fountain Station guard.
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger
- Malory Archer and Nikolai Jakov reminisce about their meeting on a bridge.The Bridge of Spies is actually called Glienicke Bridge. Located in Berlin, it was used as a prisoner exchange point between NATO and the Soviet Union.
- Krieger makes an Iron Chef reference, "The secret ingredient is phone", when putting Cyril's phone in the blender
- Archer's "I would prefer not to" is a reference to the book Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville, in which the character frequently says this line: "Not a big Melville crowd here, huh? He's not an easy read."
- Archer's underwater scuba fight recalls that in fourth James Bond film, Thunderball, in which Bond's principal opponent, Emilio Largo, also owns a mega-yacht.
- Danger Zone - Referring to Lana still having Archer as her life insurance beneficiary, Archer wonders how she got life insurance when she's in the Danger Zone.
- Over Packed - Malory takes a huge amount of luggage for a relatively short trip. She also threatens the luggage handler with bodily harm if he scuffs the bags.
- Who's Your Daddy - Malory informs Nikolai Jakov that he might be Archer's father.
- Choke Sex - Cheryl is applying makeup to choke marks on her throat following sex with Cyril.
- Nikolai Jakov is seen reading the same France Matin issue in "Honeypot" when he is at the airport.
- Responding on the airplane to Malory's query about spanking Archer with a wooden spoon, Lana says, "it might explain the ping pong paddle." We then see that the stewardess serving Lana a drink is the same stewardess from the Pilot episode "Mole Hunt," who lies in bed with Archer with a ping pong paddle mark on her butt. Later in the episode, Lana is shown being carried off by Skorpio holding a wooden spoon and a bottle of champagne.
- "Where did you get a grenade? It was hanging from the lampshade!" "A Hanging Lampshade" is a term writers use they are explicitly making reference to an implausible storyline.
- Spirodon Skorpio calls Archer "malaka" (μαλάκα), which is the Greek word for jerk, on two occasions. He also refers to Lana as a "tsoula" (τσούλα) and a "poutana" (πουτάνα), both meaning whore in Greek.
- Cyril cheats on Lana for the first time with Cheryl
- Archer is shot for the first time on screen. Lana shoots him in the foot.
- ( Speaking about Archer's cook Pita's pregnancy )
- Archer: One, three times, but its the Popes fault she wont let me wear a condom.
- Malory: Why don't you wear a vasectomy?
- Archer: This again? Don't you want a grand kid?
- Malory: Well if I did I'd just scrape all your previous mishaps into a big pile and knit a onesie for it.
- Pam: You know I think we're making some progress.
- Cheryl: Where in opposite world? We're never going to finish all this.
- Pam: We can if certain people would help.
- Krieger: I'm sorry are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass.
- Pam: And that's the reason I don't have sex with co-workers. That and no one ever lets me.
- Krieger: I've had good results with ether.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 20 screenshots and images from "Skorpio" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.