|Space Race: Part II|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||March 22, 2012|
- The Aliens references continue with this movie with a Power Loader Exoskeleton used by Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.
- Krieger's new van is once again a reference to prog-rock band Rush; "Caress of Krieger" derives from the band's 1975 album "Caress of Steel", and like "Exit... Van Left" and "Vanispheres", it features art inspired by the album covers and the van's owner.
- Star Wars is referenced numerous times throughout the episode. Cyril repeats "almost there" as the space shuttle comes in for a landing similar to the line from Star Wars Episode IV spoken by Garven Dreis as he attempted and failed his attack on the Death Star. Archer references the franchise saying that he left his "light saber in his other space pants." Pam references Star Wars when she blows up the com on the shuttle saying that "It was a boring conversation anyway." Lana blasts open a hatch in the side of the corridor, into what is presumably a garbage compartment, similar to the scene in episode IV when Princess Leia does the same thing in the detention center of the Death Star. Also, Archer asks if Cyril can die after he disables the tractor beam, referencing the fate of Obi Wan Kenobi. In addition, Barry's helmet as he flies to the Horizon bears a striking resemblance to the helmet worn by Rebel X-Wing pilots in the Star Wars films.
- George Orwell's "Animal Farm" is referenced by the crew of the Space Station referring to the state of affairs on there.
- Barry's spaceplane is a propellorless version of the experimental Convair XFY Pogo fighter.
- When Barry tries to get Archer to leave the shuttle he says "Archer come out to pla-i-ay," referencing the line from the Warriors, including the empty beer bottles on his fingers.
- Barry also sings the modified lyrics from the song Mr. Roboto.
- At the end of the episode, Ray is once again returned to his old wheel chair.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 4 screenshots and images from "Space Race: Part II" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.