- There are several references to Sealab 2021 in this episode. During the fight when Lana tricks the guard. The guard is heard exclaiming "My eye!" and "My other eye!" as Archer whips him with a towel. These were lines spoken by Dr. Quinn on Adam Reed's previous show Sealab 2021. The alarm also mentions Pod 6 after the group escapes their cell. Pod 6 was full of jerks.
- The Aliens references continue with this movie with a Power Loader Exoskeleton used by Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.
- Krieger's new van is once again a reference to prog-rock band Rush; "Caress of Krieger" derives from the band's 1975 album "Caress of Steel", and like "Exit... Van Left" and "Vanispheres", it features art inspired by the album covers and the van's owner. Perhaps coincidentally, the runtime of the episode is also 21:12.
- When Commander Kellogg says the line, "Agh, you idiots!", his mouth doesn't move, and he merely shakes his head in disbelief. That's because Commander Drake is the one who says the line.
- Star Wars is referenced numerous times throughout the episode. Cyril repeats "almost there" as the space shuttle comes in for a landing similar to the line from Star Wars Episode IV spoken by Garven Dreis as he attempted and failed his attack on the Death Star. Archer references the franchise saying that he left his "lightsaber in his other space pants." Pam references Star Wars when she blows up the com on the shuttle saying that "It was a boring conversation anyway." Lana blasts open a hatch in the side of the corridor, into what is presumably a garbage compartment, similar to the scene in episode IV when Princess Leia does the same thing in the detention center of the Death Star. Commander Drake throttling a subordinate with one hand is similar to how Darth Vader choked Captain Raymus Antilles onboard the Tantive IV. Archer asks if Cyril can die after he disables the tractor beam, referencing the fate of Obi Wan Kenobi. Barry's helmet as he flies to the Horizon bears a striking resemblance to the helmet worn by Rebel X-Wing pilots in the Star Wars films.
- George Orwell's "Animal Farm" is referenced by the crew of the Space Station referring to the state of affairs on there, though it is quickly noted that there is no actual animal farm on the Horizon.
- When Malory retorts that Cheryl is "not fit to be queen of... name a place," Cheryl replies with "Lidsville." Lidsville is the titular town of a show created by Sid and Marty Kroft, who were rumored to have worked under the influence of LSD, not unlike Cheryl herself.
- Barry's spaceplane is a propellerless version of the experimental Convair XFY Pogo fighter.
- When Barry tries to get Archer to leave the shuttle he says "Archer come out to pla-i-ay," referencing the line from the Warriors, including the empty beer bottles on his fingers.
- Barry also sings the modified lyrics from the song Mr. Roboto.
- At the end of the episode, Ray is once again returned to his old wheel chair.
- Drake: "Are the cuffs really necessary?"
- Kellogg: "Archer broke both of Wu's arms..."
- Drake: "He WHAT?"
- Kellogg: "...while shouting 'whoo!'"
- Archer: "Happy coincidence."
- Drake: "Mr. Archer, do I have to sedate you?"
- Archer: "Well, I wouldn't say no to a drink."
- Lana: "And do you realize you're insane?"
- Archer: "Well he wouldn't, by definition."
- Drake: "What's more insane? Suffering through famine, war, disease on a dying Earth, or creating a utopia on Mars?"
- Lana: "Uhh, using me as your brood sow?
- Drake: "No, not--well, okay, yes."
- Pam: "Hey, guys, we got a problem!"
- Cheryl: "Duh! The party's starting, and this dress makes me look like a whore!"
- Malory: "Oh, you don't look like a whore. An idiot, maybe."
- Cheryl: "Wha--"
- Malory: "Or both. Yes, a 'whordiot.'"
- Lana: "Why is nobody else wearing a t-shirt under their flight suit?"
- Ray: "Because this thing feels amaaaa-ziiiinng!"
- Cyril: "I know, right? It's like a-a vagina with a zipper."
- Ray: "Ew!"
- Pam: (Regarding Lana)"Don't get me wrong, I'd still do her."
- Malory: "Oh, please. You'd do... name a noun."
- Kellogg: "What is taking so long?"
- Horizon scientist: "Couple things: One, I didn't invent whatever this door is made of-which is apparently some alloy of adamantium and mithril-and two, not really liking your tone!"
- Horizon scientist: "I heard him tell you to do it."
- Kellogg: "And I'm telling you to do it."
- Horizon scientist: "And I'm telling you that I didn't sign up for 'Animal Farm' in space!"
- (cut to Archer and co. in hiding.)
- Archer: "Wait, there are animals?"
- Lana: "No, 'Animal Farm.'"
- Cyril: "How do you not get that?"
- Archer: "Cyril, I know what an animal farm is."
- Cyril: "Not an animal farm--"
- Archer: "Maybe we can...I don't know... stampede a flock of goats down the hall."
- Lana: "'Animal Farm' is a book."
- Archer: "No, it isn't, Lana. It's an allegorical novella about Stalinism by George Orwell! And spoiler alert; IT SUCKS!"
- (Archer and co. are immediately held at gunpoint by Kellogg and the Horizon scientist.)
- Archer: "Although, I was talking about an actual animal farm. So... never mind."
- Cheryl: "Now, we heard some mention of babies."
- Drake: "Uh-huh."
- Cheryl: "But just to be clear, we don't do babies."
- Drake: "'Do' as in...?"
- Cheryl: "'Do' as in tolerate, be around, touch, and definitely as in let them claw their monster-y way out of our vagina."
- Drake: "Well...let's put a pin in that."
- Cheryl: "EWW! Wait, put a pin in what?"
- Drake: "What? What is wrong with you?"
- Archer: "Let me land it!"
- Lana: "Archer! You had, like, an actual moment of self-awareness in space, so--"
- Archer: "So I deserve to land the goddamn spaceship!"
Cheryl: "Stop this at once! I command you, as your queen!"
Mallory: " Oh, shut it. You're not qualified to be queen of...name a place!"
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 4 screenshots and images from "Space Race: Part II" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.