|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||March 17, 2011|
Breast cancer strikes the Archer family—Sterling has it. “I’m trying to stay positive,” he says. “I can beat this.” But before surgery, he wants to bond with young Seamus (even though he isn’t actually the baby’s father) and take a Las Vegas vacation with his butler's brother Dicky, Sterling then proceeds to get arrested by the Nevada police and uses Cyril's name.
After he returns, Archer breaks down in front of his mother confessing his fear of surviving the surgery. As they drink brandy together, he and his mother come very close to saying "I love you" to each other, having a classic mother and son moment, however that is interrupted. Lana takes Sterling home and Sterling convinces her to have a one night stand out of pity, as he might not recover after the surgery.
The next morning Sterling arrives at the hospital four hours late to his own surgery. After the surgery, which is deemed successful by his doctor, Sterling celebrates at his home with his colleagues and friends. He tells Lana that he wants to talk to her about the night before but is interrupted by the doctor who calls to tell him that his cancer has spread to his lymph nodes and he will have to undergo chemotherapy, (this is after numerous phone calls in which Archer tries to talk to Lana but is constantly interrupted by the doctor who mistakes the results of his surgery three times).
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Adam Reed as Ray Gillette
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
- Lucky Yates as Dr. Krieger
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 24 screenshots and images from "Stage Two" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
- You can see Malory reading a magazine about counterfeit drugs at the doctors office while waiting for a diagnose. This refers to the next episode, Placebo Effect
- It is revealed that Seamus is not Archer's son as Trinette clearly state he is not the baby's father. This was hinted at the end of Blood Test where archer came to the realization that Seamus may be Cyril's son but this has not confirmed as trinette does not mention who the real father is.
- Lana and Archer's sexual encounter would be mention in front of Malory and Katya archer's future fiance'.
- It would be revealed in a future episode that Lana and Archer never slept with each other as the latter would pass out during the encounter.
- Also in that future episode it turn out that Lana would become pregnant by using the sperm archer donated during his cancer scare.