|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||February 2, 2012|
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police enlist the help of ISIS to transport a captured Canadian terrorist, Kenny Bilko (who is a member of the New Scotland Front). Pam, Cheryl, and Ray decide to join Team ISIS by hitching up Cheryl's train cars so that the can come along. Cyril loses the prisoner, so Lana and Cyril have to search the entire train trying to track him down while Archer wastes time trying to track down Cheryl's ocelot Babou. Resulting in Archer getting to fulfill his dream of fighting on top of a train and then getting arrested by Canadian Mounties.
- Special Guest Stars this episode are Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay, and Mike Smith, who play Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles (respectively) from the Canadian show Trailer Park Boys.
- Robb, Mike, and John all recorded their diologue from Halifax, and did not get to meet the main cast until after the episode was finished.
- Being led onto the train at the beginning of the episode, Kenny Bilko (Wells) screams "extraordinary rendition." Extraordinary rendition is a term used to describe the kidnapping and extrajudicial transfer of a person from one state to another. It has historically (and controversially) been used by the United States against suspected terrorists, generally executed by the CIA. The controversy here is due to those prisoners being tortured in the states to which they were transferred. In at least one famous case a Canadian citizen transferring flights in New York on the way home was renditioned on the basis of mistaken identity. There is a parallel here, except that Bilko is being sent back to Canada from New York, and the extrajudicial nature is more of a formality in that they are basically skipping the step of using the extradition process. ISIS gets involved in another rendition, of Román Calzado, in El Contador. In both cases the prisoners are being sent to legal authorities. Suspected drug dealers have also been rumoured targets of rendition by US government agencies.
- Cyril is reading Three-Ten to Yuma by Elmore Leonard during the first scene on the train.
- Bilko is a member of The New Scotland Front, an alleged terrorist group, fighting for a "free and sovereign Nova Scotia". In the Trailer Park Boys the story takes place in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. All 3 guest stars are from Nova Scotia.
- Lana saying "Well thanks, Gomez" is a reference to The Addams Family patriarch crashing toy trains together.
- Mr. Green Jeans was Hugh Brannum's character on Captain Kangaroo.
- Malory does not want Pam to board the train at all for fear that she may stow away, "just like on the blimp". This is a reference to the Season 1 episode "Skytanic ".
- Cheryl turns out to own half of the railroad that the episode takes place on. (The other half would be owned by her brother).
- Cheryl's pet ocelot Babou makes another appearance in this episode.
- Having mistaken them for terrorists in disguise, Archer tries to make the mounties put down their weapons, holding them at gunpoint. One of the mountees says "Maintain the right boys," indicating that they are not going to do so. "Maintain the Right" is the common English translation of the RCMP motto, "Maintiens le droit." It is also sometimes rendered "Defend the Law." In other words it is a reference to their role in maintaining order and rightness. "Maintain the Right" was also the title of a book of the history of the RCMP by Ronald Atkin and a 1940 film of the same subject matter.
- Archer references the film "Hud," quickly pointing out to Lana that he hates Patricia Neal. Her character, a main love interest in the film, was originally black in the book, but for the film she was changed to a white woman.
- Archer twice calls the (real) Mounties "Dudley Douchebag"; this is a play on Dudley Do-Right, a comically inept Mountie who appeared on the 1960s cartoon The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
Guest Stars Edit
The three main guest stars are best known from the Canadian television series Trailer Park Boys:
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 19 screenshots and images from "The Limited" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
Here is a sample of four images from the gallery: