|The Man From Jupiter|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||January 19, 2012|
Burt Reynolds starts dating Archer's mom and boss, Malory. Archer tries to sabotage Malory and Burt's relationship while being chased by a Cuban hit squad in reference to the Season 1 episode "Honeypot".
Guest stars Edit
- Burt Reynolds as himself
- Best line (unquotable)
- Archer: "Pretty hard to stay anonymous when you're the worlds greatest spy"
- Burt: "Calling yourself that can't help."
- "So help me god, if you drop that computer on the floor again, I will make sure you wake up in a mental ward with total amnesia under someone else's name."
- The episode's title is a reference to "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." and Reynold's home of Jupiter, Florida.
- Hal Needham was a Stunt Man, as well as the director of Reynolds in no less than six films.
- Richard Petty was a NASCAR driver. Statistically speaking, he is the greatest driver the sport has ever seen.
- Krieger's new van is called "Vanispheres". This is a reference to the Rush album Hemispheres. The image of Krieger on the van pointing at another person mirrors the album's cover.
- The police cars flipping is a scene directly out of the Burt Reynolds film "Smokey and the Bandit."
- Valet vs Valet
- "Wait, was that the same footage?" is a reference to a practice where "B Roll" was often looped to save production costs in the 70's.
- Burt Reynolds exhibits many references to his past performances, particularly comedy car chase movies such as "The Cannonball Run" and "Smokey and the Bandit." In particular, in addition to the aforementioned stunts, there is his trademark laugh as he drives away.
- According to Adam Reed, Burt Reynolds actually helped write this episode by making suggestions for changes and writing more jokes. Originally, it was "more gushy about Burt Reynolds." Apparently Reynolds suggested more self-deprecating elements in the script and "made it better."
- The Cuban hit squad pursuing Archer uses a photo of him from the episode "Honeypot", causing them to mistakenly identify him as Ray Gillette, although a Cuban hit squad also made contact with him in "Diversity Hire" when he was wearing a disguise that much more closely reflected his actual appearance.
- Burt Reynolds asks Woodhouse to make him a Pimm's cup, a traditional British specialty drink made with Pimm's liqueur (also called a "fruit cup"), lemonade, ginger ale and slices of cucumber and lemon peel. When Woodhouse returns with the drink, Burt Reynold's asks for a chalice, making it a Pimm's Cup in a pimpcup, to which Burt Reynold's quips, "I hate to sounds Hollywood, but, would you mind...?"
- Woodhouse confuses Burt Reynolds for Clark Gable, and tells Burt: "Loved you in Gone with the Wind, sir." This is further evidenced by him responding "Certainly Mr. Gable." As he leaves to switch his glass to a pimpcup.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 2 screenshots and images from "The Man From Jupiter" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
- Archer Season 3: Episode 4-7 reviews with spoilers, images and promos