|Directed by||Mack Williams|
|Written by||Adam Reed|
|Original air date||January 14, 2010 (official)|
Plot summary Edit
Malory begins to suspect that Lana's feelings for her son, Archer, are beginning to resurface. Hoping to readjust Lana's desires so they are jeered towards her current boyfriend, Cyril, she promotes Cyril to a field agent and assigns Archer the job of training him. Archer briefs Cyril of his multiple training tactics, including learning Krav Maga and using concealable weapons which have a tendency to malfunction "for, like, no reason." One of his sessions involves trying to both kill an assassin (portrayed by Archer's butler, Woodhouse) and a damsel, Trinette, a prostitute Archer has befriended. During the session, however, Cyril accidentally poisons the prostitute and both he and Archer pronounce her deceased.
The pair put the prostitute in Archer's trunk and drive off, hoping to dispose of the body in a disclosed location. However, the car begins to be shot at by an unknown pursuer. Archer tries to maneuver away from the gunfire while shooting at the car with his own gun. When Cyril criticizes him for supposedly not performing such tasks coherently, Archer threatens to eject from the car using an escape hatch on the roof, which Cyril frowns upon. The pursuer eventually ceases fire and reveals herself to be Lana, who has discovered Archer's assignment and disapproves, so she punishes Cyril by forcing him to buy interracial pornography from a kind elderly woman at the video store. Archer discovers after their departure that the prostitute in the trunk is in fact alive and is forced to not only pay her obscene amounts of money as collateral, but also give her his car, leaving him stranded
Meanwhile, Malory becomes temporally blinded after having an allergic reaction to zucchini. Seeing this as an opportunity to help themselves, secretary Cheryl and human resources representative Pam hack into ISIS's computer mainframe from Malory's office and alter their files, allowing them better health care and other desires they could not achieve themselves. The whole time, Malory rants about how disgruntled she is about her life choices.
Main Cast Edit
- H. Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer
- Judy Greer as Cheryl Tunt
- Amber Nash as Pam Poovey
- Chris Parnell as Cyril Figgis
- Aisha Tyler as Lana Kane
- Jessica Walter as Malory Archer
Guest Star Edit
- The name of the episode could be a reference to Training Day, a 2001 movie.
- Archer calls Krieger his Oprah.
- Pam refers to Cheryl as Karen Carpenter's stunt double. Karen, a member of The Carpenters was famous for having Anorexia.
- Krav Maga is mentioned as the martial arts practiced by ISIS agents.
- Archer says that Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts.
- "Chekhov's Gun" is a literary device on which the name of Archer's underwear pistol is a pun. However, the actual "Chekhov's gun" turns out to be the "poison" pen.
- When talking about irony, Archer mentions O. Henry and Alanis Morissette.
- Archer is referred to being like James Bond.
- Archer is incensed when Lana isn't upset at Cyril for his deception and asks, "So he just gets a pass? Like Milton Berle?” Like Cyril, Milton Berle was known to have an extremely large penis.
- Archer lists several "spy techniques" in the elevator, one of them a "honeypot" is also the name of a future episode.
- Archer's favorite spy technique is the Honeypot
- Archer: God, I said the cap slips off the poison pen for no reason, didn't I?
- Cyril: I know, but I just assumed that if anything bad happened that it would have been...
- Archer: No, do not say the Chekhov Gun, Cyril. That, sir, is a facile argument.
- Woodhouse: And also, woefully esoteric.
- Archer: Woodhouse...
- Woodhouse: Fetching a rug, sir.
Gallery of ImagesEdit
There are 14 screenshots and images from "Training Day" on this Wiki, visit the category page for a complete gallery.
- "Training Day" on Wikipedia