Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archer and Lana extract an agent, Kazak, from Morocco only to find out his bark is worse than his bite.
Kazak turns out to be a big dog. Lana gets angry, and quits in the Moroccan desert. Pam applies for a field agent.
- Title Explained: The title of this episode means "A Tangerine Dog," (Tangier is where the Tangerine originated) and is a reference to the film "Un Chien Andalou" (An Andalusian Dog).
- Brett Somers was a panelist on the game show Match Game where contestants had to fill in blanks and compete sentences.
- When Archer crashes into the propane truck at the beginning of the episode, the man that comes out screaming yells in Farsi (Persian), not Arabic. Also the pickup driver that Archer let go at the end of the show yells in Farsi and not Arabic.
- Parnelli Jones was a NASCAR driver who was also famous for 25 career midget car race wins in the 1960s. He was also inducted in the National Midget Auto Racing Hall of Fame.
- The age of consent in Morocco is 15, per Art. 484 of the Penal Code. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Africa#Morocco
- Lana mentions Morocco Mole; the sidekick to Secret Squirrel and how he was inept.
- Kazak, the dog Lana and Archer are tasked to retrieve, is an English Mastiff, which is a reference to the English Mastiff, Kazak, in the novel The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Cujo is the title of a Stephen King novel about a rabid dog.
- Archer Daniels Midland or ADM for short is an Illinois-based food processing company known for its production of high-fructose corn syrup sweeteners.
- Archer has a one-way confession to Kazak and almost reveals his true feelings for Lana. He gets interrupted, of course, but it's clear that he's starting to realize he might actually be in love with her, even though he doesn't know what to do about it. And judging by Lana's reaction to what she thought was a wedding ring it might not be one-sided.
- Lana was given a gypsy woman prophesy by Cheryl about dying in a dessert, not the desert, but that's still "pretty close."
- In the final gag before the credits, Kazak barks "Lana 3" (as in "Lana?" "Lana?" "Lana?!") in Morse code before he farts.
- Kazak is a palindrome and means sweater in Turkish and Azerbaijani.